How tall are your DC?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chad

Post by chad »

My son will be 15 in July. He has always been one of the tallest in the class up to Yr 8 (91st centile)..... then everyone overtook him. He is now 5ft 5 1/2 (166cm, 50th centile) and one of the smallest and not happy about it.
We have told him that his dad didn't really shoot up until he was 16. We have also said that with a dad that is 6FT 1 and built like a rugby player and a mum that is 5ft 10 he will grow eventually.... but it just can't come soon enough for him. :roll:
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS1 is 11 and 5'2" and size 8 (yes 8) feet. He has always been big - he was hitting 24" at birth. DS2 is tiny aged 7 (nearly 8) and still in age 5-6 school shorts (I have to cut the label out to spare his blushes!). I am 5'1" and DH is 6'2". We are quite an odd shaped family when seen all together :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

DS4 was off the centile charts in the little red book.

DS3 was between the 91st and 98th as baby but now at 6 is relatively short for is age. He is exactly like Mil who is around the 5ft mark.

DS4 is the same size and a bigger build so like SallyH's children they get mistaken for twins despite the two year gap.

DS2 was always 75th and I think he is pretty average now. Clothes are the right age group.

DS1 was always 91st and in the last year has grown constantly. I am fed up of replacing his trousers, currently M&S 13L. It is all in his legs. He is exactly the same physique as my DB who is 6ft 4". He has smallish feet for his height, family trait, but last summer he started the hols a 4 and three months later was size 6!

DS4 will probably be like a cousin of mine who was about 6ft 10 ish.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Hope this link is OK. It's a US site but I can't see any difference in prediction height between the US and UK

http://health.kaboose.com/child-height-predictor.html/

How tall does it say your DC's will be at 18? It says my DC will 6 foot 1inch
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Oh dear, say's Midget will be 5ft 1in :cry: :roll:

DS2 will be 5ft 3in

DD will be 4ft 11in :lol:
Plum

Post by Plum »

DS, who is currently 11 1/2 and 153cm, is going to be over 6ft according to this! DH has always be miffed that he was never quite 6'! :roll:

It's my DD I feel sorry for. She is only 7 (nearly 8) but I'm having to buy age 10 clothes and explaining to people that she is younger than she looks. However, a friend's daughter had it much worse - she was over 5ft at the age of 10 and people always assumed she was much older.

I also have a niece who is 15 and 6'2 with legs right up to my chin - life can be so unfair! :) :) :)

The only thing we can do is work with what we've got....

Plumx
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

At 2 the health visitor estimated that DS4 would be 6ft 5. My nephew is this height and I am hoping DS4 stops there.

My cousin has had a lot of grief throughout his life because of his height and now has severe back problems etc. He has to use a stick even though he is only in his early 50's.

Children are getting taller though and foot size is definitely increasing both my nieces have much bigger feet than mine and have done from quite a young age.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Oh gosh, feet! My DD has just turned 10 and is 4'10" tall with size 6 feet! I hate to think what size her feet will be by the time she reaches adult height (predicted height of 5'5" using the link in a post on the previous page.)

My 3.5 year old DD already has size 9 (junior!) feet.

I just pray their feet stop growing (a long time) before their bodies do! :shock:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

pixiequeen wrote:Oh gosh, feet! My DD has just turned 10 and is 4'10" tall with size 6 feet! I hate to think what size her feet will be by the time she reaches adult height (predicted height of 5'5" using the link in a post on the previous page.)

My 3.5 year old DD already has size 9 (junior!) feet.

I just pray their feet stop growing (a long time) before their bodies do! :shock:
Your 3.5 yr old has bigger feet than my 7yr old DD :lol: :lol:

Even from everyone on here, it seem's that my kids really are on the extremely small front, anyone got any magic beans to make them shoot up overnight? :D
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

That US link predicts 6ft 6 for DS1, the red book predicts 6ft 4 . He is 5ft 2 and 10 yrs old. EEK!