Customer Service

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: Customer Service

Post by doodles »

Sorry, I know this is a very old thread but I do so need a RANT about Tesco grocery delivery and my missing and very expensive leg of pork joint!!! :evil: :evil:
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Ring them up and tell them, they should send you one!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Oh don't worry I've spoken to them several times this morning already. Seems they have charged me and forgotten to deliver it :shock: and are willing to redeliver it tomorrow if I can be in for most of the morning :evil: and "No" they won't leave it in the porch as it has to be signed for!!!! I thought I had signed up for delivery plus for my convenience!!!!!!!

Ah, just been called by very nice and sensible lady who has refunded my money and arranged for another joint to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. Thankyou if this is you :lol: but why has it taken heaven knows how many phone calls by me and her (to the store that made the error) and over three hours to sort out :?:
Last edited by doodles on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Does anyone mind if I get some work done? In between reading threads and dealing with made up and nonsensical hassle about DS1 I'm getting nowhere fast today! :lol: :lol:
scary mum
ginx

Post by ginx »

Well, I'd like to rant and rave about the Inland Revenue.

I have three tiny jobs and earn just under - wait for it - especially you lot at independent schools - £500 a year. Enough for maybe three weekly shops.

I pay basic rate tax. I have rung the Inland Revenue a few times, and I had to wait a long time in the queue, only to talk to someone who knew even less than me. So, I spoke to my three employers (this is all confused because they all used to be the same council, now each school is an academy) and I have my payslips and P60's, copied them all to the Inland Revenue.

They are looking into it. This has been going on for about three months. It's a bit disheartening to earn £7 an hour and take home about £5. :( I could say a lot of nasty things about the efficiency of the Inland Revenue staff. But I won't because I'm too nice. I was virtually yelling at somebody on the phone who couldn't help me.
doodles

Post by doodles »

ginx wrote: especially you lot at independent schools - £500 a year.
:?: :?: :shock: :shock:

We don't all pay the fees out of the loose change in the bedside drawer :!:
ginx

Post by ginx »

Not that I'm jealous. I'd love to have set mine to private schools (what is the difference between private and independent, by the way?)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Nothing as far as I am aware, private sounds a bit snootier
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

Bowers and Wilkins, now what a customer service department. Returned a pair of very expensive speakers to them out of warranty as it had a buzzing sound at very low volume, They returned a brand new speaker to me FOC....how fantastic is that.

Apple are also excellent for customer service. Returned a MAcbook pro laptop to their shop, had spilt orange juice and out of warranty. Replaced the whole thing FOC...its the approach one adopts with people that is very very important. Treat people with respect and manners and it is often reciprocated. The advent of GCSE's have a lot to answer for as well. But thats a very personal opinion.
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

Treat people with respect and manners and it is often reciprocated
but not always. Try Virgin customer service :evil:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now