Customer Service

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Paramjeet

Re: Customer Service

Post by Paramjeet »

BT have got to be the worse as well...absolute nightmare. The other one was Sky TV....as soon as the call got transferred to Peter in Burnley, or was it Parminder in Bangalore....then game over. I would hang up and try for the scotland office. The indian call centres had no clue what to do and how to resolve..
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

I was wondering how long it would be before Sky got a mention. Amongst other things, they tell you "systems are down" when you want to down grade or leave. But are magically working if you call straight back and press the 'add a channel or service' option.
Am happily Sky free again now. Had to buy the whole series of 'Once Upon a Time' from the Apple store and an Apple TV so DD could watch all the episodes in HD, but it was worth it :D

Mont Blanc customer service was excellent recently. Had a problem with a pencil which was years out of warranty and they fixed for free :D
Last edited by StJamesDad on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

Tesco Direct. Worst customer 'service' I have ever encountered. Never again.
dlb

Post by dlb »

To put it bluntly Tesco and Virgin are PANTS!
Once Tesco didn't deliver my food order during the 2 hour time slot and after numerous calls, I find out 4 hours later that the truck had broken down and so they wouldn't be bringing my food! Could I go and pick it up (Tesco store miles away)...err NO. Googled for Tesco's chief executive details and Emailed chief executive and got a response from his secretary in 5 minutes plus a voucher!! My theory is go straight to the top if you have a problem!!! Grumpy and less tolerant with age....????!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Another vote for BT. I recently severed my connections with them, after they had done it to me one too many times. Most recent was when I watched a squirrel chew through the line connecting my house to cyberspace. My attempt to report this, and the subsequent loss of phone line, was met with repeated assurances that once 'digging permission' had been received, a location close to the exchange could be excavated and my wires investigated. No amount of explanation regarding the tailed rodent was believed by trusted colleagues on the subcontinent. When the 'workforce' finally arrived, some 5 days later, I threatened to hold him hostage until he mended it. "Why didn't you tell them it was squirrel damage? That is a 20 minute job", was the poor man's reaction.

The worst aspect of this for me was actually a call from a terrifying sounding 'customer service representative' in this country, trying her best to get me to complain about the people who took my call in India, so that they could be 'given appropriate training'. Instead I told her exactly what I think of her company's policy of employing people who are desperate for work and paying them peanuts, only to be abused by customers because of their accents or they haven't been taught what a squirrel is. Grr.

The second worst aspect was the recorded message you get when you call at huge expense on your mobile, to be told 'you can report faults at http://www...'" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. If you had a ****** internet connection, you wouldn't be trying to speak to them in the first place, now would you? :twisted:
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I do agree about BT. And it isn't the fault of the poor person at the other end of the line. But it is impossible. Can I put in a good vote for Sky - excellent, friendly and helpful customer service. I had to speak to them immediately after dealing with BT - and it is funny the way bt tell you to go to their website when the reason you are ringing is because the modem etc is broken - and Sky were just so good.Even the man that did the repairs was great!
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

Call centres in India ate useless, gets worse when parvinder hands the phone to bupinder the manager... Just no commonality between the two cultures. I need broadband for our business just falls on deaf ears, pull the plug, wait 6 secs and hey presto, chicken madras. No, I just want my broadband back!!! Makes my blood boil.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hurrah, my joint has arrived.

Mind you the man driving the delivery van gave me a very funny look when he opened the back of the van and pulled out one carrier bag!! I did try to explain I wasn't just a lazy so and so who couldn't be bothered to go to the store :lol: Not sure he believed me. :roll:
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote:Hurrah, my joint has arrived.
I didn't realise you could get this kind of thing delivered... 8) Have a chilled evening, doodles.
doodles

Post by doodles »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, to disappoint Amber, it's a leg of pork - but it is boned and rolled!!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now