Sleepovers - overrated??

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I am extremely envious that most of your children are so sensible. When our boys have sleepovers they are never any trouble but do tend to stay awake until very late. We now restrict sleepovers to the holidays - fortunately their friends' parents seem to do the same.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I'm sure the people on here reporting on impeccable sleepovers with early nights and lots of sleep are either 1) deaf to teenage whisperings, or 2)only inviting a small number of friends over at a time.

I can't imagine with these big group sleepovers round a huge TV and an endless pile of films (this seems to become popular particularly with girls higher up secondary school) that there are many early nights to be had ..... apart from for those who can sleep through anything.

The other "letting go" theme...... I'm struggling with this one from the opposite end of the spectrum - I really don't understand why more kids aren't out and about more without adults - in the "safe" areas of course. When mine are older I'm going to struggle round here to find any other kids who are allowed out so if they do meet up with other kids while out and about it's likely to be the less well cared for type.

There seem to be a lot of parents round here who keep their child under lock and key until 16 / 17 and then suddenly everything is allowed.

Where I used to live in a large city a mobile phone would not have been the panacea - it's something work nicking so you wouldn't have got it out while walking down the street, walking in the park. If you live in an area where you feel safe doing so, there's probably nothing to worry about anyhow!!

Think I might have to start a new campaign in the future "get kids back on the streets"
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now