Im bored

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
andyb

Post by andyb »

Remember to take some small goodies with you - we went out today and found a lovely new cache with "small boy toys" in it (matchbox car, colouring pencils, post it note pad, rubber etc) but had forgotten our swaps so just had to look at the treasure and put it back :(
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

How's everyone been getting on with the geocaching in the last couple of days?

We've tried 4 different locations, with mixed success. We found 2 caches (which was v.v.v.v. exciting for the children - and me!), but left the other 2 locations disappointed after searching for ages. We may have to invest in a GPS!!! I think we've discovered a new hobby that the whole family can enjoy. 8) :D
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

marigold wrote:I also tried the web site and every time I put my post code in about 20 suggestions in the Shanghai region popped up.
I had the same problem to start with, but solved it by entering my postcode followed by United Kingdom.

Hope that helps.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

We found our first cache :D !
Old Bond Street of all the places (happened to go to London today),very busy , even saw policeman on the other side of the road, very concious we were doing something secretive 8) .
We are hooked, next ones will be probably be ones in the countryside.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

zvrk,

I'm glad you had such a successful first geocache. Who'd have thought there would be hidden 'treasure' in such central places - brilliant!! :D
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Well done zvrk - beware, it can be very addictive.
We're off to the Lake District tomorrow & I've been busy printing out caches all evening, so hope to bag a few up there.
katel

Post by katel »

We've tried geocaching 3 times now and really enjoyed it, but haven't managed to find a cache yet! Does this happen often, or are we particularly thick and unobservant?
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

katel wrote:We've tried geocaching 3 times now and really enjoyed it, but haven't managed to find a cache yet! Does this happen often, or are we particularly thick and unobservant?
No, we looked for two yesterday, found only one(no way we could miss this one, very short street, only two pipes it could be attached to, later checked logs of other people ,it looks like it's been missing since March,
It helps to check logs beforehand just in case)
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Also once you have done a few you get to know the way that people disguise them & where exactly to look. I have quite a few DNF (did not find) mainly due to DH's impatience :?
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

We found one today in a flower bed in our local supermarket's car park. The children loved the feeling of being on a secret mission and trying to recover and then replace the cache without alerting all the nearby muggles.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now