Post by Cats12 »

I failed 42% in 6 mins but only because the questions are daft! ha ha :oops:
Caryn

Post by Caryn »

Oh dear.

Fail 54% in 6 mins!
Amber

Post by Amber »

I wonder if the time taken to fail is significant? I am sure we could extrapolate some meaningful statistics from this.
moose

Post by moose »

It was fun! 50%! Must give it to my DS and DH.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

OK just as a test - for every patient I admit to hospital this evening I will see if I can get them in without a letter.....

reckon it will take about 14.26 mins for the bed manager / sister / registrar to be earaching me.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Shall I get OH to conduct a similar test in his hospital? But the danger is that I suggest this to him and he sends me for a psych evaluation without a letter from my GP!
mystery

Post by mystery »

What a fantastic test for after dinner entertainment. The book sounds even better; do you have to pay for it or is it free to download somewhere?

Forgive my ignorance ( I did just fail it) but who has to pass this test, and when (and why))?

I think the days when all you had to do was swear allegiance to the monarch to be naturalised (unlike the locals of course) were rosier.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

mystery wrote:What a fantastic test for after dinner entertainment. The book sounds even better; do you have to pay for it or is it free to download somewhere? You buy it from any good bookshop for about £10 so there is no free download Mystery. In addition to about £700 to get naturalised (fancy term for getting citizenship), you also pay about £40 to take this test so no freebies here.

Forgive my ignorance ( I did just fail it) but who has to pass this test, and when (and why))? An immigrant who has lived here legally for about 5 years (3 years if you are married to a British) and wishes to become a British citizen. They say its to make immigrants intergate, know local culture and also a way of making sure they all can understand English.

I think the days when all you had to do was swear allegiance to the monarch to be naturalised (unlike the locals of course) were rosier.
You still have to swear an oath to the Queen at the county offices with some local diginaties like councillors and smile happy with some pictures taken. Welcome packs with all the local information about your county are also handed to you. This is the last part of the process and you get your citizenship certificate telling that you are now British. From this point you can do anything the British can do and if you want a British passport you can apply like everyone else. You are just like any born and bred here the moment the certificate is handed :wink:
Impossible is Nothing.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Bottled out, only admission I sent in duly had the letter. Not terribly legible I have to say but a letter nevertheless.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

I failed

I got even less than magwich2 DD2 33%

I'd better start packing now!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now