11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I am an illiterate middle aged scientist

'bout time I got a bit more edificated.

Just tell me what I have to read.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

and when please. in the same boat as Herman.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I've just been to the library (I go most Thursday afternoons) and enquired about To Kill a Mockingbird. The library holds 4 copies of the book ............................ and they're all out :shock: I've had to order it, and hopefully it'll be ready for me within the next two weeks.

Methinks it could well be on a reading list somewhere (as well as ours :lol: ) :shock: :shock:
moved

Post by moved »

It was on the guide to reading that was given to us for DD before she started GS. I pulled all of those from our shelves, but it is studied later on in school as far as I can tell.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

moved wrote:Not my suggestion, but it was one of my choices and is now at the bottom. I shall have to read Mist over Pendle alone :cry:

I think the top 6 - I probably won't have time for all 6, but will pick and choose.

Thanks Bromley mum
Don't worry moved, I will be reading it again, I read it whenever I'm feeling ill, or in a lot of pain, I love it and have read it soooo many times it's an easy read for me :D I'm on my 3rd copy because I re-read it until it falls apart :oops:
doodles wrote:Top 6 with each new book starting on 1st of month.

Bottom 6 also starting on 1st of month - can either do both books / have a choice if one of the titles isn't your cup of tea (remember its better to read something than nothing at all :wink: :lol: ) or have a second book if you read really quickly.

Can then just have two threads running at same time.

Any good?
I like this idea, think it will work well, good thinking that doodles :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
doodles

Post by doodles »

Thank you Nathair - but that is it for ideas from me now I am all idea'd out! Just tell me what to read and when. Now spending far too long trying to sort out an insurance claim against the silly man that hit my car -the saga is longer than a good book!!!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Count me in. :lol:
I read it as a GCSE text and son has recently read it at school, so I definitely have a copy.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

hermanmunster wrote:I am an illiterate middle aged scientist

'bout time I got a bit more edificated.

Just tell me what I have to read.
Same here what should I "try" and read please :oops:
Nothing too classical, a bit of romance will help keep me interested :cry:
Impossible is Nothing.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I must admit that To Kill a Mockingbird is also an easy read for me because, like Nathair, I have read it countless times.

However, that makes it more interesting for me to read it again because I will enjoy looking at it as a first time reader might.

As I understand it, the first book is Mockingbird and we should read it by roughly 21st May (i.e. 3 weeks from 1st May). We then have a week to comment on it.

BM, once we have agreed how to go forward on this I would be happy to post a Sticky. That may be a few weeks away yet though! :D

S-A
moved

Post by moved »

I'm starting with Mockingbird followed by Mist over Pendle. May in fact go and start now. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now