Girls shoulder bags for school-help!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Romanlover98

Girls shoulder bags for school-help!!

Post by Romanlover98 »

My DD keeps on going on about having a shoulder bag for school next year and moaning when I ask her to find one. Does anyone know any shops/websites which sell shoulder bags(not messanger type) suitable for school(not ones which are tiny!)? Anyone with a DD know which sort everyone has? This would really help me and stop my DD moaning.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

We had used a laptop bag with a shoulder strap for a little while.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

we've used Jeep rucksacks and I understand that they do shoulder bags too.

Might be worth a look:

http://www.7bags.co.uk/laptop-computer- ... s-c25.html
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

You can often find Jeep in TK-Max for slightly less.

Mike
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

oh yes and the original factory shop (think that might a yorkshire / lancashire happening!)
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Aargh! I'd managed to blot that memory out until you reminded me! My childhood was ruined by being dragged round endless factory shops every weekend :x . I think it's mostly a northern thing, haven't noticed any to inflict on our offspring.
KB

Post by KB »

They used to be little stores attached to real factories & took ages to locate now they are all gathered together in fancy outlet malls - the whole sense of achievement has been lost :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

no unfortunately the OFS is a bit like a cross between woolies (of blessed memory) and poundland. Not at all like the amazing Damart factory shop...
Cats12

Re: Girls shoulder bags for school-help!!

Post by Cats12 »

Romanlover98 wrote:My DD keeps on going on about having a shoulder bag for school next year and moaning when I ask her to find one. Does anyone know any shops/websites which sell shoulder bags(not messanger type) suitable for school(not ones which are tiny!)? Anyone with a DD know which sort everyone has? This would really help me and stop my DD moaning.
Girls seem to go for trendy shopping type bags worn on the shoulder (rubbish for posture) - anything from cheap shops like H&M, New Look, to Accessorize, Hollister and the surf shop labels such as Roxy - we've had them all. Must say DDs hollister and roxy bags super strong and big enough for many folders, lunch, pencil cases etc...(pricey though)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I still have one shoulder lower than the other through dragging huge bags full of books round on one shoulder

Yours
Quasimodo
of kent