Removing Tippex from blazer? Sorry, OT but someone must know

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mad?

Removing Tippex from blazer? Sorry, OT but someone must know

Post by mad? »

I bought DD1 a new blazer a month ago (£75!!!!!) as she has grown a ridiculous amount since starting school (now Y8...sorry not sure that is relevant either but need you to feel my pain! :evil: ). She has already managed to get Tippex all over the sleeve. I have googled 'how tos' on this but am getting lots of conflicting information. Anyone had this problem and if so how did you solve it? (No need to answer if the 'solution' is to get another blazer!). :lol:
Thanks
mad?
marigold

Post by marigold »

Sorry , can't help on this one but after the magnificent chewing gum thread I am sure some one will be able to.

By the way, I contributed to that thread with a tip on how to rid the whiff from Birkenstocks, it involved removing dead woodpeckers and fishfingers from the deep freeze. I am afraid to report that it did not work.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Oooooo my Birkies are a bit smelly and I can;t find that thread...what was the solution! :lol:
mad?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Mad? I will consult my book and get back to you - just need to go and see my very dishy (that word dates me) physio first!!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Amber

Post by Amber »

There used to be something called Tippex thinner and which all the naughty boys at my school used to sniff. Not sure it is still available but if it is, it might work?

You could still have some fun if not!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

scrape off?

if anyone has any ideas on how to remove candle wax from Master yoyo's new (very expensive)sweatshirt ..... worn for TWO HOURS....??
marigold

Post by marigold »

I got candle wax on the sitting room carpet.
I tried all that ironing with grease proof paper stuff, possibly may work with a sweatshirt, but in the end moved a coffee table.

Mad?, the whiffy birko tip was to put them in the deep freeze. Didn't work. Have now moved on to Fit flops, so will have sweet smelling feet on the end of twig like legs.
mad?

Post by mad? »

fitflops it is then because my calves are like a pit bull...each
mad?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Wax is kitchen paper and then a tea towel and iron - it does work - then wash like a grease mark.

Sorry the only advice I can find for Tippex is a trip to the dry cleaners.

Hope this helps.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

thanks for the wax tip, master yoyo survives to annoy me another day