So who is your Dorothy?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

So who is your Dorothy?

Post by pheasantchick »

I'm sure I'm not the only watching 'Over The Rainbow'. Who is your Dorothy?

I like different Dorothys (dorothies?) for different reasons. Danielle gives overall good performances, Steph and Sophie have lovely singing voices, Jessica has great actring abilities, Lauren is already competant, and the Scottish one has good charisma as well. Anyone could win it now?

And I was surprised that Steph was eliminated.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

If I had to choose ONE, it would be Lauren.
I also like Steph too.
To be honest, since they got rid of Emily (I feel reallymean saying that) I would be happy for any of them to win.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Lauren or Danielle to win for me. I think they give the best all round performances. I think these two are the ALW's favs with Danielle just pipping Lauren to 1st choice.

Sophie and Jenny aren't strong enough to hold an audience imo - they woud struggle with 8 shows a week. Sophie isn't confident enough on her own she is much better in the group numbers.

Jess - can't warm to her not sure what it is, perhaps it's her facial expressions. I think she tries too hard at times.

Steph is really good too and definitely has a bright future ahead of her but I think she looks too old to be Dorothy.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Taught Steph's younger sister, so for that reason alone would like to see her do well.

If there were no Steph I would have to say that Danielle would be my favourite. She has such an old-fashioned look.

Lauren is a star already, I agree. Felt awful for her when she was accused of being arrogant.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Sorry, but I can't stand Lauren :cry: She just doesn't do it for me when she sings etc.

I like Steph most and another girl, but can't remember which one. It was a shock when Stephanie went this week, I thought she was one of the strongest contenders.

The little Scottish one (Jennie) is starting to annoy me now, yet I quite liked her to start with.
doodles

Post by doodles »

It's Danielle or Jess for me. Am sure that Sophie could be really good too but she just needs a does of ooomph.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Milla

Post by Milla »

am beginning to find them all irritating!! we watch it very much on fast forward (makes it a much more acceptable ten minutes and sail through the dogs) and still the actorly-ness (yes, yes, an absolute prerequisite to musical theatre I'm sure, but ...) makes me cringe even at great speed.
Had a sort of soft spot for Stephanie, she was so into it all.
Jess a bit gallumphing,
don't like Jennie (coy pixie),
r Steph (no neck). S
ophie looks like someone (Susan Sarandon maybe?)
which sort of leaves Lauren.
Or Danielle.
Wish they'd just get on with it though, it does rather drag and thank goodness for a double eviction next week.
But the whole "you dumped her so completely" and sailing off on that moon - how ghastly is that!?!?!
Poor old Lordie simpering on his throne looking thoroughly embarrassed throughout.
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Steph for Dorothy - she is a star in everyway and deserves to win.
Charl39
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

DD3 likes Jenny. I think it should be whoever can wear these, which featured in the preceding program and could be the Ruby Slippers for the 21st century: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48276
:)
Marylou
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Don’t think Jenny did herself any favours by admitting (more than once) that she’d never even seen a West End musical and didn’t really appear to know much about them – can’t see that playing well with the Lord, whose whole life has been and is immersed in musical theatre.

Have a soft spot for Steph as her mother sang one of the great dance hits of the 90s, but not sure I really see her as Dorothy. Doesn’t she look just a little bit, well, old for the part? :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now