So - What Do We Think About ........

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

my driver last night said that he was always conscious of not being able to get to the polling station because of work so asked for a postal vote.
mad?

Post by mad? »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:The timings are also antiquated. In London many, many people work from 7am-9pm on most days...In the borough of London that I have just left there were huge queues and many could not vote but had it been opened at 5am and shut at 12midnight then I don't think some of these problems would have occurred. :(

The lack of ballot papers is outrageous! :x
In the borough which Tipsy mentions DH queued for over an hour the second time, having left work early in order to get back before 9pm. He might have made postal provision had there ever been any kind of problem before but there has not. I cannot see how he should have anticipated having to queue this long based on all his previous voting experiences and do not think it is, as you say Snowdrops, his own fault. He did get there, as did hundred of others, with plenty of time in hand, only to find that the system had completely and unexpectedly fallen apart. I think it is absolutely outrageous that people who turned up in good faith and in good time have been disenfranchised in this way, despite having made provision to leave work etc etc

Sorry to rant but I am absolutely furious :evil: :evil:

Tipsy, third time in three days, I agree wtih you :lol:
mad?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Shall we make up some "I agree with Tipsy" t-shirts? :lol:
mad?

Post by mad? »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Shall we make up some "I agree with Tipsy" t-shirts? :lol:
Not sure how many we will need...
mad?
Snowdrops