49%
No, not necessary
51%

Total votes: 68

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Proposal for Music Section

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

It is clear from this site that music topics are mentioned more frequently than some other sections are used on this site. Every section is valid but I feel a music section would enhance this already excellent and informative site. Some positive reasons for such a section would be as follows:

1. To highlight the Grammar Schools that offer special music places.

2. To advise on musical scholarships at independent school and university level.

3. To offer advice on the best instrument for children to choose, where to purchase, costs etc.

4. To offer details on useful courses that are available - both privately-run and council courses but not specific private tutors.

5. To stop clogging up the Everything Else section and so that each music post is more visible.

6. A place where frustrated parents can let off some steam when their DC do not practice or break a nice expensive instrument! :x

So, please can we have a music section and preferably in the section above the Counties as many of us forget that the Beyond Eleven Plus section is still on here?

I have set up a poll to see if a section would be useful. If anyone says no I would be grateful for your reasons otherwise I will perceive that it is a registered lurker who is just saying no for the sake of it! :?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I think you're being a tad manipulative! :? The request was sufficient.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

no, I don;t think it is necessary, we already have everything else and rehab and how difficult is it to just click on 'view posts since last visit'?

the site is due a major revamp anyway.

(this is my non mod's head btw before people think there is horse trading going on behind the scenes.)
If anyone says no I would be grateful for your reasons otherwise I will perceive that it is a registered lurker who is just saying no for the sake of it! :?
not very democratic..what about Secret Ballot ?
mad?

Re: Proposal for Music Section

Post by mad? »

T.i.p.s.y wrote: If anyone says no I would be grateful for your reasons otherwise I will perceive that it is a registered lurker who is just saying no for the sake of it! :?
This could easily be read as...'if anyone disagrees witih me I will assume it is a wind up unless they are brave enough to put their head above the parapet and get shot down'.

I disagree, becasue I think the site is cluttered enough as it is, because you can always do 'view posts since I last visited', because it is easy to remember that beyond 11 plus exists and becasue I woke up in a foul mood this morning :evil: . :lol:
mad?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

How am I being manipulative - that's a bit cruel? :? I have asked for a music section in the past and it was ignored. As it is posters have to keep repeating themselves on some basic questions when a new member posts whereas they could potentially find an old post on the music section or if there was a sticky.

As for requesting reasons against, there are lurkers on here who just click yes or no just to mess about with the results.

To be fair, I am pretty informed about music scholarships, the best ways to secure Oxbridge choral and organ scholarships and the route one should go down if they eventually want to achieve one of these awards. I need very little help in the area of music so I wasn't suggesting it for my benefit but hopefully for the benefit of others who were less informed or did not know what opportunities were out there. :(
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I don't have any objection to a music section. I do strongly object to the way you have "requested" it.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

How should I have asked then as my two previous requests - one public and the other private was never replied to?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Perhaps it is under consideration?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I would like a cookery section, a wine section, a walking section, a Land rover section for Stevew, a nostalgia section for Herman and me.....a gardening section (lots of science there..) a holidays section....
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:How should I have asked then as my two previous requests - one public and the other private was never replied to?
maybe the mods were trying to keep up with the political section?

edited to add..

"Patience is a Virtue"
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now