Yes, would enhance the site
49%
No, not necessary
51%

Total votes: 68

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

And there benefit to 11+ yoyo. Well either I have made a gross error or some of you have woken up on the worng side of the bed today. Thank you for strongly clarifying how you all feel about my request, and what you think of me.
mad?

Post by mad? »

yoyo123 wrote:I would like a cookery section, a wine section, a walking section, a Land rover section for Stevew, a nostalgia section for Herman and me.....a gardening section (lots of science there..) a holidays section....
don't forget the cycling! :lol:
mad?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I am not going to add any more but I made two requests a year ago yoyo which were both ignored, so I feel I have been pretty patient. A simple response would have been nice back then as I wouldn't have started up a thread like this.
Freya

Post by Freya »

I votes 'yes' for you Tipsy 'cause I'm nice like that :D but I also want to add my request for a 'sports' section for all the same reasons! There I could talk about rugby to my heart's content . . . and cricket / hockey occasionally. But talk of the 'round ball game' would be banned!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
DarkEnergy

Post by DarkEnergy »

Back on topic. I think a music section would be beneficial for some and ignored by others. From my persepctive, I have noticed that good/trained musicians are usually a cut above the rest. Example Grade 5 on any instrument by the end of year 6 is a serious indicator of talent, perseverance and hard work. Something to be celebrated! Also a section where parents could find out about music scholarships would also be useful.
DEATH rides a white horse named Binky
Pencilone

Post by Pencilone »

I totally agree that a music section would be much appreciated and I look forward to see it implemented soon.

And I always wondered why there is no section on Scotland...
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Pencilone wrote:And I always wondered why there is no section on Scotland...
That would be because this website deals with the subject of the 11+ entrance exam for grammar schools and there are no grammar schools in Scotland.

May I please mention that it is essential for the front page of this Forum to remain easily navigable for current and new users? The more sections there are, the more difficult it becomes for people to find relevant information.

This is not a general schools/educational website - it has a specific purpose which is to inform people about the 11+. The main additional sections that have been included since the forum was launched have been (with reasons):

:: Independent Schools - because that is an alternative/fallback option to the 11+ for some parents

:: Rehab - to allow the Forum community to be silly in one place, instead of all over the rest of the board

:: The "Beyond 11+" sections for those people who have children on both sides of the 11+ divide or who have stayed with us since their children took the 11+

:: Everything Else - to do exactly what it says on the tin, which is mop up things that really don't fit anywhere else. That includes music, sport, guinea pigs, cookery, dogs, cats ...

Although I have not discussed this with the site owner, I feel fairly sure that further sections that are not directly related to the 11+ process are unlikely to be created.

Sally-Anne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Just to add to my post above, it is worth noting that in 2010 there have posts on 239 threads on Everything Else. Only 5 threads were on the topic of music (excluding the 2 threads asking for a new music section on the forum), and 3 of those 5 threads were started by the same person.

Sally-Anne
Milla

Post by Milla »

I think that the site's success is part of the problem, Sally-Anne, that after a while, and for those of us who've entered into it fully, it becomes more than just an info point but is full of people one gets to "know" to some extent (normal provisos prevail etc) and the possibility for it to be something "more" seems a natural progression. One forgets the title (eleven plus exams) and looks for ways to develop / improve it and maybe that's not what it wants.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Milla - you've summed up the situation exactly!

TIPSY - your request is perfectly reasonable. I don't understand all the negative comments.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now