Oh dearie me...: (

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Maybelle

Oh dearie me...: (

Post by Maybelle »

Absolutely the right thing - and far more adult than I suspect my own reaction would have been... :oops: Well done! Heaven forbid we ever face the same, but I would follow your example, now. :)
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Thank you Maybelle,
Still feel it was a heat of the moment reaction, however outwardly calm. :( I suppose it could have been worse....
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

CM...well done, I think you have done the right thing here, the child needed telling, and you have done it in a very restrained manner. I am sure nothing more will come of it and hope that it is the end of the matter :lol:
mad?

Re: Oh dearie me...: (

Post by mad? »

Maybelle wrote:Absolutely the right thing - and far more adult than I suspect my own reaction would have been... :oops: Well done!
Yes well done! Firstly for having the guts to do it and secondly for being so measured! If that's your 'heat of the moment' then I'm impressed. Your response was polite and fair and could not be objected to by the other child's parents. Strangely I suppose one of the 'nice' things about cyber bullying is that you have an audit trail...no he said she said nonsense and you actually have evidence should you ever need it. (Not YOU specifically CM!) :lol:
mad?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I don't think anyone could fault your message CM. Hopefully that will put an end to any further nastiness.
jingle

Post by jingle »

Sounds exactly the right thing to have done to me! As for approaching the other parent, I am sure this sometimes works, but certainly didn't for us. The mother turned out to be even less mature and more vindictive than her child! :(
MittenKitty

Post by MittenKitty »

agree with everyone else - job well done

I think you're feeling bad because you know it a was a heat of the moment thing and you responded in anger - entirely unsurprisingly - but the point is other people dont know that because its a sensible response that looks well considered. Your instictive response was a good one

It's tricky being the only grammar one in an area - I went to CCHS and was the only one from my village but I think once you're through year 7 it will subside - the other children will have their own closer relationships to worry about and wont need to pick on your girl for entertainment especially now its been demonstrated she has a lurking pit bull in defence

not a nice experience though - I do wish girls weren't like this
mystery

Post by mystery »

I think you did absolutely the right thing and phrased it very well. I think it highly unlikely that anything else will happen from this particular quarter - they are still very young and this will have been sufficient scare. If it does, just make sure that you do carry out what you said you would do.

Keep those print-outs for as long as you can.

I think it was probably much more effective than contacting the parent in this instance.

I think it would still be worth letting both schools know, without names, that they need to do some work with the children on internet and e-mail use.

Well done to your daughter for letting you know. Please seem absolutely sure of yourself in front of your daughter on this matter, if necessary reassure her that someone so cowardly and stupid as to send silly messages by e-mail or text is not going to do anything that should make your daughter feel anything other than pleased to walk home in her school uniform.

You don't want your daughter to think she can't tell Mum in case she does something that leads to more trouble. Blow your own trumpet in front of her - you and she did the right thing and it has worked.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

I agree with the above posts. Well done, you!
zorro

Post by zorro »

CM, you have done the right thing.
Last year DS was being constantly rung and texted to by a girl from his old school who"fancied him". DS was embarrassed and didn't know what to do as he liked her but not in "that way!"
So I sent her a text saying that DS was very busy with his new school, lots of homework, travelling, sports fixtures etc and could she stop contacting him please . I said that DS would be able to see her with other old friends during school holidays. She sent me a text saying that she was sorry and thanked me "for being so nice and not telling my mum"
He now communicates with her ( and many others!) :roll: :roll: on Facebook.