Does anyboyd else's child have odd habits?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Just1-2go

Re: Does anyboyd else's child have odd habits?

Post by Just1-2go »

dadofkent wrote:I have a child who enjoys eating vegetables. How odd is that?
I have one of those as well! and she like shellfish and really spicy food too, she's a treat to feed!

I think we are all really lucky having odd DCs, mine's little quirks really brighten my day!
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

dadofkent wrote:I have a child who enjoys eating vegetables. How odd is that?
:lol: :lol:

That's the norm in our house, they are generally the only children at an Indian restaurant actually eating indian food instead of just boiled rice,naan bread and chips!! :? :D
rachag

Post by rachag »

I ground off my teeth clicking them according to window numbers and adding them up as a littlie and glad that DC not doing this, although they are teeth grinders. Nothing though compared to highly strung older sister who pulled out all her hair - bald till she was 5 - and bit fingers until they bled. When she first slept through the night at 4 years old, mum was frightened to go into her room because she thought she must have died :(
Like scenes you seldom see in Private Eye - when trying to bribe her to get out of house early had 6 year old say ' I don't like McDs - its too fatty' :roll:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

My eldest constantly regurgitates scenes from Life of Brian, current film of choice. Complete with very irritating voices :roll: . Unfortunately his siblings having heard them constantly for the last goodness know how many months are now doing it too.

A 5year old Terry Jones sound alike is quite something and not always appropriate.

I know this is a boy thing 'cause a friends nephew used to recite Dad's army due to Grandad's love of the program.
Freya

Post by Freya »

My DS dislikes certain words. He says that he doesn't like the sound of them. :shock: It's not that he doesn't like the meaning of the word - he doesn't like the sound of the word. Words include: 'tender', 'squash' or 'jelly'. Once at dinner I said "oooh, try your meat, it's really tender", and he shivered and said "ewww don't say that word" and had to get up and get a drink. :shock:

What's all that about then?
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
Milla

Post by Milla »

just wait til he gets to "moist" and "gusset". Then you'll be worried :shock: :shock:
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Milla wrote:just wait til he gets to "moist" and "gusset". Then you'll be worried :shock: :shock:
:lol: :o :lol:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

It soundsl like most of our children are a little bit strange, maybe it's something to do with the parents :lol:
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Looking for help wrote:It soundsl like most of our children are a little bit strange, maybe it's something to do with the parents :lol:
definately on the Y chromsome though! :)
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

Freya wrote:My DS dislikes certain words. He says that he doesn't like the sound of them. :shock: It's not that he doesn't like the meaning of the word - he doesn't like the sound of the word. Words include: 'tender', 'squash' or 'jelly'. Once at dinner I said "oooh, try your meat, it's really tender", and he shivered and said "ewww don't say that word" and had to get up and get a drink. :shock:

What's all that about then?
This reminds me of an old Python sketch. "Antelope. Horrible, tinny sort of word"
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now