Does anyboyd else's child have odd habits?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chelmsford mum

Re: Does anyboyd else's child have odd habits?

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Amber wrote:We spent a year travelling and I took pegs with me. I then developed a habit of taking a peg from everywhere we stayed..... .
I not letting you come round to my house then :P
Amber

Post by Amber »

But I could give you one back? A nice Gloucestershire, wooden, hand-crafted, ye olde pegge?
moved

Post by moved »

Does she have matching clothes? Otherwise you could subject her to great consternation when faced with the washing line. I also feel it would have been kinder to have stolen 2 pegs and left 2 behind, otherwise the pegs can only be used for single peg items.
chicko-mum

Post by chicko-mum »

moved wrote:I've often been tempted by the simplicity of monochrome pegs, but I somehow feel that is cheating. I had wonderful pegs once, different colours on each side, enabling more opportunities for matching.
Well, not cheating exactly - taking the path of least resistance perhaps? :)
Besides, now I can spend more time ranking the actual clothes into graduating shades...
Different coloured pegs is one thing, but I couldn't cope with the irregularity of different styles. (not that I'm obsessive or anything) :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

LOL! This has got a bit off the wall since I last logged in! :lol: I am now have a good idea why there are so many odd children out there!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

my sister (famed for her exacting standards.....) has to hang like with like and in order of size....
but this is the person who colour coded her twins.... :roll:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

How do you colour-code twins? Were they each allotted a different colour so that she could tell them apart or were they branded (in a harmless way) in some sort of way? More info, please, yoyo.
Freya

Post by Freya »

Mike - Interesting, thanks for that - you may be right! It must have been strange seeing words as colours? Or maybe not, if it was normal for you at the time!

As for me, I have to confess to having a dishwasher arranging obsession! :oops:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Freya wrote: As for me, I have to confess to having a dishwasher arranging obsession! :oops:
Now that is me too :lol: I have to unload and reload correctly becuase I can't stand it if things are not in the correct order. And wo betide anyone who comes to the supermarket with me and tries to pack my shopping. Everything has to be in the right bag or I go to pieces and it is not pretty. Carrots and biscuits just don't work :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Amber wrote: Do you think I am the only person ever to have done this? Perhaps I should write a book - A Tour of Europe in Pegs.
Amber, I think Tony Hawks did that with a fridge around Ireland!

I can't bear cutlery that's not a pair. We have what's left of two sets of everyday cutlery and I can't bear a fork from one design with a knife from another!!

Also hate brown trousers with black shoes and vice versa - and I am definately not a high fashion queen.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !