Does anyboyd else's child have odd habits?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Re: Does anyboyd else's child have odd habits?

Post by moved »

Now we're onto Monty Python does anyone remember the 1980s radio 2 sketch about a radio crew and the phrase "loo brush"?

I had a weird boyfriend who could quote all of Monty Python, The Young Ones and this radio 2 series. I have just tried googling and failed to find the name. Please help, otherwise I will be deprived of sleep.

Regarding odd habits: does anyone else need to sort the washing on the line by the colour of the pegs available?
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

moved wrote: Regarding odd habits: does anyone else need to sort the washing on the line by the colour of the pegs available?
Erm.....no........should I?

Does the washing dry better? :wink:
moved

Post by moved »

No, but the lego wasn't easier to play with when sorted by size or colour either. :mrgreen:

I have worked hard as a non-male member of the species to be "normal". But pegs still elude me :!: :D :D :D
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

MasterChief wrote:
Freya wrote:My DS dislikes certain words. He says that he doesn't like the sound of them. :shock: It's not that he doesn't like the meaning of the word - he doesn't like the sound of the word. Words include: 'tender', 'squash' or 'jelly'. Once at dinner I said "oooh, try your meat, it's really tender", and he shivered and said "ewww don't say that word" and had to get up and get a drink. :shock:

What's all that about then?
This reminds me of an old Python sketch. "Antelope. Horrible, tinny sort of word"
It sounds as though he's got a mild form of some sort of synaesthesia - i.e. certain words or sounds trigger another stimulus like taste or vision (probably taste in his case). I used to "see" words as colours but grew out of it, he may do the same.

Mike
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

moved wrote: Regarding odd habits: does anyone else need to sort the washing on the line by the colour of the pegs available?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: errr, yes :oops: :oops: :oops:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Nope, but it's very funny and very odd :lol: :lol:
chicko-mum

Post by chicko-mum »

Snowdrops wrote:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: errr, yes :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lol: :lol: removed that particular frustration by replacing mine with pegs of same colour... :oops: :oops:
www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wsTgV6X/weight.png[/img]
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

That's too easy, Chicko-Mum, Moved and I like to live dangerously :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
moved

Post by moved »

I've often been tempted by the simplicity of monochrome pegs, but I somehow feel that is cheating. I had wonderful pegs once, different colours on each side, enabling more opportunities for matching.
Amber

Post by Amber »

We spent a year travelling and I took pegs with me. I then developed a habit of taking a peg from everywhere we stayed (we rented houses) and swapping it for one of mine. So now I have around a dozen pegs which weren't actually mine to start with and which remind me of the places I hung out washing. And all around western Europe and Scandinavia are odd wooden pegs of mine. Do you think I am the only person ever to have done this? Perhaps I should write a book - A Tour of Europe in Pegs.