World Cup 2010 - Excited or not?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

Re: World Cup 2010 - Excited or not?

Post by Snowdrops »

Awww, you didn't do it on purpose ..................................................................... did you? :lol: :lol:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

U400JB9 wrote:and those horns are driving me mad.......
Its called the vuvuzela and quite a few people are moaning that it should be banned :(

Fifa was threatening to ban them too but I dont see that happening. It will be a soundtrack for the world cup this year :D

I have one to blow everytime England or South Africa scores. My neighbours will surely love me esp if my teams go far :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

And I wouldn't count the 204 countries in the World Cup qualifiers, just the 32 in the Finals.
Hmm, I don't think you get to decide what counts, though, cinnamon :D What we are currently watching (or not, as the case might be) are the World Cup Finals - the World Cup started 3 years ago. We could just as easily say we only count the Olympic finals, not all the endless heats and qualifiers...

(PS my sporting CV has improved somewhat in the past 20 years :) )

Yes France v Uruguay terribly boring (I confess I missed a chunk in the middle when I opted to watch this week's Vampire Diaries instead!). Uruguay very disappointing in attack considering they boast two of the most prolific strikers in Europe, and France just disappointing. Don't see either team making much impression on this year's tournament.

Looking forward to Argentina v Nigeria this afternoon.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

could tell Uruguay / France was boring - was at work and we got calls all through it .... usually if it is exciting they save their calls to the doc until half time!

There is some story about a county who had 20minutes with a 999 call (never happened before) during an england match... they kept checking the comm systems / phones etc cos they thought they weren't working.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Rob Clark wrote:
And I wouldn't count the 204 countries in the World Cup qualifiers, just the 32 in the Finals.
Hmm, I don't think you get to decide what counts, though, cinnamon :D What we are currently watching (or not, as the case might be) are the World Cup Finals - the World Cup started 3 years ago. We could just as easily say we only count the Olympic finals, not all the endless heats and qualifiers...

(PS my sporting CV has improved somewhat in the past 20 years :) )

Yes France v Uruguay terribly boring (I confess I missed a chunk in the middle when I opted to watch this week's Vampire Diaries instead!). Uruguay very disappointing in attack considering they boast two of the most prolific strikers in Europe, and France just disappointing. Don't see either team making much impression on this year's tournament.

Looking forward to Argentina v Nigeria this afternoon.
Thanks Rob, shall look forward to future game report's too :wink: You make no mention of the England game today, why? :lol:
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

hermanmunster wrote:could tell Uruguay / France was boring - was at work and we got calls all through it .... usually if it is exciting they save their calls to the doc until half time!

There is some story about a county who had 20minutes with a 999 call (never happened before) during an england match... they kept checking the comm systems / phones etc cos they thought they weren't working.
I work in A&E and apparently we got no walking wounded during the England match at all. Lots of Nursing Home patients usually arrive about an hour before kick off!!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

The only thing worthy of note about this competition so far is that I am now bottom of not one but two Wold Cup prediction games :oops: How come everyone else know that none of England, France, Italy or Spain would win their games and that Uruguay would score so many against S Africa? And that hardly anyone else apart from Germany would be scoring any goals at all....is it just me? Well it must be because I'm bottom of the league :o
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Early days, LFH :D

That said, Spain’s defeat is a disaster. If they finish the group in second place, they are likely to play Brazil in the next round, resulting in the elimination of one of the best teams to watch.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

And I have them to win grrrrr :twisted:

Scottish people should not play or watch football, we should know better :lol:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Now the Spain game was a shock, I agree but it now make's it more interesting to see what they can do with this. Alot of player's are moaning about the ball aren't they? Well certainly some goalies are :twisted:
My DD came out of cooking club yesterday with a homemade pizza with red pepper pieces in the shape of the England Flag and Midget's school are showing the England v Slovenia game next week I think so they can stay late and have some food there.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now