Whale hunting ban - the final vote

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

80's girl

Re: Whale hunting ban - the final vote

Post by 80's girl »

Signed and posted on facebook. Really can't abide whaling, and it really upsets my children. :evil:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

having seen whales playing with their babies and just leaping for joy I am dead against hunting them..

signed
sally40

Post by sally40 »

G.ood idea putting it on here and have signed and will spread the word
Amber

Post by Amber »

Thanks to all who have signed this. There are obviously more lurkers than I thought - the signatures have gone from 650 000 when I posted this to 900 000. Let's hope they're not all taking 11+ this year!
:)
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

As often happens I find myself needing to redress the balance here somewhat.

I spent a couple of years living in the Norwegian arctic when I was younger, on the beautiful island of Landego. Whale was, and remains, one of my favourite foods. Not being a vegeterian I have no objection to hunting whales per se. Of course it can be overdone, and I feel very strongly that we need a proper and enforceable international mechanism to prevent overfishing, whether it be whale or cod.
Last edited by Loopyloulou on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loopy
Amber

Post by Amber »

Hmm, well OK. I also cooked whale in Norway because I mistook it for tuna at the fish counter. As I watched it cooking I realised something was not right, but only had a Norwegian-German dictionary so it took me a while. I didn't eat it when I realised. No doubt you would think that a bit daft LLL, but we all have different views. My Norwegian friends (farmers in their 60s) do not eat it either, and they are hardly revolutionaries, and though it is on sale there, it is hardly a staple food - that honour goes to the ubiquitous salmon.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Yay for us!!!!!

We helped to uphold the whale hunting ban!!!

Long live the whales :D :D :D :D :D
Amber

Post by Amber »

Yes, without wishing to hold myself up as any kind of activist, or indeed representative of whales (I can still wear off-the-peg clothes) - thanks again to everyone who signed and is now getting emails telling of success (sorry - I guess you can block the sender).

Amber
x

(Not exactly pretty, is he, but there are only 119 more like him left at the moment :( )