How much less have you or would you offer for a house?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mike1880

Re: How much less have you or would you offer for a house?

Post by mike1880 »

It's my impression that the EA was trying to stampede you into a higher offer. "Viewings" are just meaningless noise and the cash buyer may or may not exist. Even if they do exist, that doesn't mean they're going to make an offer.

I don't know what the market is like there, but buyers are worth their weight in gold round here.

edit - I don't see any need to pretend you're not interested in the house - make it clear that you like it but the price is totally unrealistic. Let the EA do the work for you (they only get paid when it sells...and if it's anything like round here, the EA is contemplating a lean few months again...)

Mike
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks. It's very mixed here Mike. The trouble is there are only a few highly regarded streets in the area I'm looking (I don't want image, just the bus stop so DS can get to his new school :lol: ) and it's close to the hospital so doctors and consultants tend to live there. Having said that it took the house next door a long time to sell six months ago and it was done up. I guess a lot can change in six months. You just don't know, do you? Well I certainly don't.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

I would be surprised if a Doctor has the time or inclination to buy a house which needs too much work at what you suggest is a high price! Wouldn't they go for a ready done option?

BTW we only got 3% off when we purchased in 2006 but things have changed. In our area the good houses, priced suitably are selling quite quickly but the not so good, and more over priced stay on the market forever and never seem to sell.

If you have had advice this is over priced I would stick to my guns. Call to say you remain seriously interested and are in a good position to progress but are not immediately able to increase your offer. Could EA keep you updated with other interest etc. At the end of the day the person selling may not care and will hold out to see what the market does.

Good luck :)
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now