Never mind the football, what about that tennis match !

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rob Clark

Re: Never mind the football, what about that tennis match !

Post by Rob Clark »

LFH, there was a famous match some years ago between Stefan Edberg and Michael Stich (the year Stich won Wimbledon) when Edberg lost by 3 sets to 1 despite not losing his serve once in the entire match – I don’t know about anyone else, but that just feels wrong to me… And in last year’s final, the first time Roddick lost his serve was at 14-15 in the final set. Ivanisevic once described his typical service game as: “Ace, ace, double fault, ace, missed volley, ace” :lol:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Yes, Rob, not fair, really. Hope they don't change the rules :shock:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Rob Clark wrote:Ivanisevic once described his typical service game as: “Ace, ace, double fault, ace, missed volley, ace” :lol:
A classic Ivanisevic quote. I will never forget the interview where he said that there were "three Gorans: Good Goran, Bad Goran and Emergency Goran". :D

That was the same interview in which he confessed to being addicted to watching the Teletubbies every morning during Wimbledon.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Yes indeed, Sally-Anne. And, I believe, ate the same meal at the same restaurant at the same time every night too.

His tennis may not have been the most interesting to watch, but as a character I was so pleased he won it.
Milla

Post by Milla »

he was (is?) utterly beautiful. Until he started wearing that headscarf. No Goran. Not a good look. Bin it, burn it, blow your nose in it; do not wear it!