Boys Trousers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chicko-mum

Re: Boys Trousers

Post by chicko-mum »

Hopefully this website place will cater for skirts too. I have same problem as Marylou with DD and infant sized skirts... :roll:
Doodles, could you pm me the details too please? Thx v much
doodles

Post by doodles »

I've never been so popular :wink: - but school trousers are obviously a huge problem for us all. Makes me feel a whole lot better and less like putting DS1 on the rack/starving him!

Now DS2 is a whole different issue - I have to cut the labels out of his short so he doesn't get a complex at still being in age 6 shorts now he is 8!

Have fun everybody.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Hi Doodles
Please can you post the name of the website on the forum? It looks like it would be useful for quite a few parents and I don't think is any worse than mentioning the other shops :D
Thanks
Ally

Post by Ally »

Just got in from a visit to John Lewis, I 'm so happy :D I've just found to solution to all our trousers problems, what ever the size .... John Lewis

They do a custom made service for school uniform, if their standard sizes doesn't fit. Need to take the DS in to the store ( might be worth checking first if all stores do the service, or if it's only the large ones), they'll measure them. Cost is normal trouser cost + max of a third, and the lead time is 5 weeks ish.

We're of to John Lewis next weekend.

Ally
andyb

Post by andyb »

doodles wrote:Now DS2 is a whole different issue - I have to cut the labels out of his short so he doesn't get a complex at still being in age 6 shorts now he is 8!
DS2 has just informed me that he will be needing new pe shorts soon as his age 5-6 ones are getting a bit snug - he is 9 1/2 going into year 5 in September :shock:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Oh dear, that takes me right back to junior school and the boy we ruthlessly dubbed "Minipants".

Mike
doodles

Post by doodles »

Ok - for fear of being struck off by the mods - it is.

www.schooluniformshop.co.uk

Hope it helps somebody.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
zorro

Post by zorro »

Ally, which John Lewis did you go to?
I am also in Herts.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Hi Zorro

I think it's a little know service which they offered when needed but don't really promote. I was surprised that it was only a third more expensive than a standard pair of trousers.

I was at john Lewis in Watford, they seemed really helpful, especially as it's the clearance sale. I expect they'll be busy at the weekends, I'm going to try and take DS over one day after school next week, but next week is hectic, school play, moving on day etc.. so may have to be the following week, but I want to see about ordering some asap if it take 5 weeks.

Ally
zorro

Post by zorro »

Thanks Ally,
Ds's school is near Watford but we are in Barnet so I will try the Brent Cross branch.