Year 8 Bedtime?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chardom

Re: Year 8 Bedtime?

Post by chardom »

A quick update from my original post!
DS has been in bed at 9.15pm with the lights out every night so far in YR8!!! Not a murmur of complaint from him as he is tired out by that time! Have not said 'I told you so' to him but am quietly pleased with the outcome!!! Mum knows best! :lol:
zorro

Post by zorro »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mind you that might change as he gets into the swing of things. What time did he go to bed halfway through Y7?
chardom

Post by chardom »

Was going to bed at 8.15 with lights out at 8.30ish Zorro! I was thinking the same thing as you and am willing to stretch to 9.45ish later in the year if needed!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Update - DS boarded on Thurs as part of new House Induction as they are now in Y9 and Senior House. They told the Y9's to be in bed at 10pm, so that is a good benchmark I'd say!
chardom

Post by chardom »

Will mention that to DS as something to look forward to next year when he is in Yr9!! :lol:
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

my dd2 in year7 needs to be up at 6.30 ish.
She has always been a child who has gone to bed later than her peers,having an older sister and not needing so much sleep.

I set myself the task of getting her settled in bed by 9pm since she started secondary - dont mange that often - its usually nearer 9.30 but i am happy with this, she seems to be coping too :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now