I hate sticky back plastic!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Just1-2go

Re: I hate sticky back plastic!!

Post by Just1-2go »

I know a little boy who managed to laminate his school tie...while wearing it!

He laughs about it now, but it gave him and us the fright of our lives when he did it!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I admit to have my own laminating machine too - v cheap from the supermarket. Doesn't do it for me quite as much as SBP and covering books (managed 3 more today while kids at school!) and I do have to fight the children to get there first! :evil:
scary mum
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Amber wrote:Beware all laminator users, for unless you keep a hand on the ingoing treasure, the laminator can decide to eat it, and then wrap it around its intestines, all the while melting it further and rendering both picture and laminator useless.
I too have my own laminator (mmmm....laminating) - it's my second. The first one lasted about ten minutes before I'd irreparably welded it's intestines up with a tatty page I was trying to preserve. Warning to all aspirant laminators - you need to trim the plastic wallet down to fit the paper.

Mike
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hand up for me on the laminator :oops:
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

If anyone else has the great idea of laminating autumn leaves for a school illustration - DON'T. The leaves become entangled in the laminator in a similar way to mike1880's tatty page.

Can't imagine anyone who'd be stupid enough to do so... :oops:

We're also on our second laminator...
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'm intrigued to know how leaves and tatty bits of paper inside a laminating sheet (you do know it goes inside :lol: ?) get caught up in the laminator, but I'm sure I'll find out one day! My laminating top tip s to leave the are where the beautifully laminated piece is spat out the back clear of other objects otherwise you end up with an attractively laminated fan, folded very neatly :oops: .
scary mum
WorriedRuby

Post by WorriedRuby »

Hi,

Sticky back plastic is still fine, but my DS spanish teacher has told to cover the spanish book with some famous spanish people photo/picture. So I suppose it will be just another football player ( may be Villa).

does anyone has any other idea?
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Fresh leaves squish squidgily out of the edges of the plastic...

Or so I've been told, of course...
Amber

Post by Amber »

WorriedRuby wrote:Hi,

Sticky back plastic is still fine, but my DS spanish teacher has told to cover the spanish book with some famous spanish people photo/picture. So I suppose it will be just another football player ( may be Villa).

does anyone has any other idea?
Franco?
Maybe not.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Salvador Dali and some of his pictures? Bother, wish I had thought of that when my son was covering his Spanish book :(
scary mum