Using middle name as first name

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
marigold

Re: Using middle name as first name

Post by marigold »

My daughters nick name is the same as someone who posts regularly on the forum. Begins with D and lives in Kent .

Because of some strange loyalty to my daughter I always read this lady's posts and enjoy them just because of her name. For similar reasons I love anyone who posts from Gloucestershire as that is where my parents live, Herts and Surrey/Sutton because they take it all to new levels of seriousness and mad? because she is.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I really like the meaning of my son's first name but all the people I know with the name are rather grown up and a few wierd and irritating TV personalities have the same name.
Impossible is Nothing.
mad?

Post by mad? »

marigold wrote:My daughters nick name is the same as someone who posts regularly on the forum. Begins with D and lives in Kent .

Because of some strange loyalty to my daughter I always read this lady's posts and enjoy them just because of her name. For similar reasons I love anyone who posts from Gloucestershire as that is where my parents live, Herts and Surrey/Sutton because they take it all to new levels of seriousness and mad? because she is.
:D :D :D :D :D
mad?
Milla

Post by Milla »

marigold wrote:For similar reasons I love anyone who posts from Gloucestershire as that is where my parents live.
method in the madness. We are all, of course, quite lovely. Well, I am. :) :D

(edited to add the baby. Seemed the right thing to do.)
PS mighty intrigued by this name, Sherry!
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

most of the medical records have slots for the full names then the "calling name" which pops up on the appointment lists and also the message boards in surgeries and in mail merges - large number on any list will have alternate names in the "calling name" box
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Snowdrops wrote:You're not alone Inky. I too was only ever given one name - and a very short one at that!!! All my life I've felt they didn't care enough about me to bother thinking of another name for me :roll:
:( Awww, that's really sad. Special cyber hug (X) for you, all the way from Kent.

Maybe babies should be given five names and then, when they reach a certain age (10, 16, 21?) they can choose just one?
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

You've got three names now! Shall we call you Pinky or Ponky? :lol: You can call me For!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

inkypinkyponky wrote:
Snowdrops wrote:You're not alone Inky. I too was only ever given one name - and a very short one at that!!! All my life I've felt they didn't care enough about me to bother thinking of another name for me :roll:
:( Awww, that's really sad. Special cyber hug (X) for you, all the way from Kent.

Maybe babies should be given five names and then, when they reach a certain age (10, 16, 21?) they can choose just one?
Could always try the Harry S. Truman approach ... parents couldn't agree on the middle name (I think each half had a family name beginning with S) so his full was just Harry S. Truman... bet that would cause havoc these days.

Reckon you could both just chose a middle name now ... there must be something you would like..... I liked mine so much more than my first that instead of being sensible and using it myself I gave it to my daughter!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Get your hankies out.................

As well as only having one name and it being short, when I was growing up all the nasty kids used to make fun of my name too - I got told it was a dog's name :cry: :cry: to this day I hate it :evil: but I couldn't honestly think of anything different to call myself. It's who I am, what made me who I am and it's who I'll be when I die.

Just lead me to the psychiatrist's couch, I think I need a session now :lol: :lol:
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Aww, Snowdrops, I don't just need a hanky, but a whole box of tissues. What a bunch of meany kids, hope they grew up to hate their names!
That's very phiso...philoss....erm, thoughtful of you about being who you were, are and will be, because of your name. But to me you will always have your beautiful name of Snowdrops.

Snowdrops

I like to think that long ago,
There fell to Earth some flakes of snow,
Which love this cold, grey world of ours
So much, they stayed as snowdrop flowers.

by Mary Vivian.

Waiting_for_Godot,
That's a good idea, you be 'For' and I'll be 'pinky'. Will save time logging on to the forum!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now