Child Benefit to be scrapped for higher earners

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yoyo123

Re: Child Benefit to be scrapped for higher earners

Post by yoyo123 »

enhanced CRB checks need loads of ID. utility bill,passport,driving licence..

fine until you have someone where utility bills are in partner's name, non driver, never been abroad...
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yoyo123 wrote:enhanced CRB checks need loads of ID. utility bill,passport,driving licence..

fine until you have someone where utility bills are in partner's name, non driver, never been abroad...
tell me about it...... think the onus should be on the employer to sort these - have just been asked to send loadsa ID by recorded delivery (ha ha ) for this or visit 40+ miles away........ have suggested the HR lady could come and see me.. (and my ID)
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

"A Treasury source has claimed the flagship policy could be ditched before its scheduled introduction in 2013 because of a design flaw in the way the benefit is paid out.
The payment, in the majority of cases, is made to the mother, who is under no obligation to tell the father she receives it"
Daily Mail

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z13h41WoQ2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I am very sceptical and think the govt knew what they were doing and they got what they wanted.

There was a lot of fanfair when the CB cuts were annouced and yet very little was said after the main cuts were announced. It was a way of destructing people from the main issues and it certainly worked.
Impossible is Nothing.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

bromley mum wrote:"A Treasury source has claimed the flagship policy could be ditched before its scheduled introduction in 2013 because of a design flaw in the way the benefit is paid out.
The payment, in the majority of cases, is made to the mother, who is under no obligation to tell the father she receives it"
Daily Mail

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z13h41WoQ2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well that will be my interpretation, I can see no reason to declare my OH's earnings - why should I ?

(although by 2013 my children will all be too old except for the youngest, so what's the point :?: )
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

The latest is that if you do not declare your partner's earnings you will be penalised!! So, what happens if yor OH decides not to tell you how much he/she earns or decided not to tell you about the latest pay rise which has taken the earnings just above the threshhold?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Surely if they are going to have to check individual earnings it would be just as easy to check a household's income...............
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

tax used to be done on household basis - many benefits still are... I suppose the only problem is defining a household - they can be a bit fluid.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

By the way, how long will a single woman have to cohabit before losing her CB?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I'm hoping it's about 20 years, that way I can still claim all my dd's cb until she's 'of age' :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now