Kindle..

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chicko-mum

Re: Kindle..

Post by chicko-mum »

Proper books win for me too. Glad to say DD already the same. She was given the 100 books thing for her NDS and has barely looked at it, whereas she reads the same real books. :D
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

maybe on reflection i won;t..

it's bad enough when he falls asleep and drops his book in the bath
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

My idea of heaven would have been to own a bookshop.
Mine as well! :D Im another sticking with "proper" books. :wink:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
Lemmie

Post by Lemmie »

I really fancy the idea of one of these as well. Need feedback from somebody that owns one!

I too wonder if, once I have it in my hand, I would prefer paper. Decisions, decisions.
paula

Post by paula »

I'm going to buy one each for my two DDs- both loaded their suitcase with 7 books each for the annual holiday and by day 12 both had run out and DD1 had even read one of mine. Yes I love the look , feel , smell etc of real books but I hate excess baggage charges more!! Suspect we may only use them for holidays etc but think they will go down well. Have had a look at the kindle store and the complete works of Mr Shakespeare are available for 72p and other classics are FREE!! May prove useful for GCSE and A levels. Time will telll
Milla

Post by Milla »

I agree. doesn't have to be either/or but both. We've millions of books (ok, about 6,000) and the trouble is that they don't last. Well, paperbacks don't. Their spines crack from exposure to the sun and then the pages fall out. Plus the much lauded smell gives me hay fever
Really would like to think they had a search facility, too. You know, for when a character is reintroduced after 100 pages and you can't quite remember who they are.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Do we know if the 'books' on Kindle can be backed up in case of loss/damage?

I agree, the best of both worlds should be possible.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I like the idea of a mix of both, he goes away a lot to foreign parts and half or more of his suitcase is books..
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

How about an ipad Yoyo? Nice little machine.

In my day job I market and sell ebooks so the thought of anyone instisting on reading a hard copy book horrifies me :shock:
Impossible is Nothing.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

we are dinosaurs sherry!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now