How many tackles?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scarlett

Re: How many tackles?

Post by scarlett »

Freya, I think you need to re read your many posts which get more graphic as they go along........you will find your answer there !!!!!!!

My 8 year old son loves rugby.....although he does stop to ask players that he has tackled to the ground if they are ok ! He wears a nappy helmet too, but I think it is the mouthguard which makes them all look a bit unsavoury !!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

scarlett wrote:My 8 year old son loves rugby.....although he does stop to ask players that he has tackled to the ground if they are ok !

That will soon stop :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Rob Clark wrote:
His other sport is Judo, see a theme developing here?
doodles you should read Brian Moore’s book Beware of the Dog, it’s the best explanation of the physical side of rugby I have yet read. He says that to be really good at rugby you have to like the physical confrontation – not just accept it as part of the game, but actively enjoy it. He further adds that it is not something which can be taught, it has to come from within.

:( :( :( :(

Actually he is a complete gentle giant - soppy, loving, laid back, non-competitive with others and wouldn't hurt a fly - but when he walks on the pitch or the mat this desire to win emerges! :? :?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

my son collided head first with another player, other boy was carried off unconscious, master yoyo rubbed his head and carried on..no sense no feeling??
doodles

Post by doodles »

As I've said before DS found playing the trumpet more dangerous than rugby!
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

when he walks on the pitch or the mat this desire to win emerges!
It’s known as ‘white line fever’ – very useful quality to have as it enables you to take sport seriously enough, but not too seriously, if you know what I mean :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

Problem is yesterday morning he tried to take me out on the touchline. He tackled and brought his "victim" to meet me!!! So I got injured standing watching!!! :lol:
Freya

Post by Freya »

Doodles - LOL, Maybe you need a nappy hat? :lol: :lol:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]