I'm A Celebrity.....

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

I'm A Celebrity.....

Post by doodles »

Got the usual plea this evening "but all my friends are watching it...."

Am I the only mother who won't let Yr7 DS watch this - I feel 10 o'clock finish is too late.

Back up please or arguments why I am Cruella d'Ville in disguise!!
Chilled

Re: I'm A Celebrity.....

Post by Chilled »

Don't worry. You are not the only mother. My DS has to be in bed by 9pm latest on a school night so definitely not watching.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

doodles wrote:"but all my friends are watching it...."
I give the not original at all reply, "If your friends jump off a cliff will you too?" :)

I don't let my children watch it. They need their sleep, even if they don't think they do!
Milla

Post by Milla »

we taped it on Sunday, started watching tonight. All drifted off a bit bored very quickly. (lucky me was making supper so didn't see any, and am surviving the loss!)
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

My DS Yr 7 does not watch this as he is in bed - did however watch a bit tonight when he came in from Scouts.
I haven't had any moans about this one though :D Hoping that we might have got away with this one! :lol:
zorro

Post by zorro »

I must be getting old, I don't know who most of them are :oops: I know Nigel, Britt, Linford, Lembit and Gillian - that's it! Oooh and Stacey of course. I heard that Jedward might be joining, if they could bring in Wagner too that would be fab!!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

ohhh i feel like a bad mum now - i compromised and have let dd2 (yr7) watch it till 9.30 if she is all ready for bed when it starts. Her bed time is 9pm on school night usually but i must say she stuggles getting bag done and pj's on by that time and her heads not usually on the pillow until twenty past, so i thought an extra ten mins cant hurt! :oops:
mad?

Post by mad? »

I don't let Dd2 (Y7) watch it because...she is out training and doesn't get back until nearly 10pm :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
mad?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

What do you think of the Celebrities?

Gillian is a drama queen - although I think thas some of her phobias are real, she only started protesting when Lembik had won the trial (stealing his glory?), and where did that tick come from? I would have preferred it if she had gone into the jungle to face up to her phobias, not use them as an excuse.

Lembik - surprised me really - expected him to be more of a wimp
Nigel - also surprised me - bit of a grumpy old man.
Music man - did well in the trial, and was funny with it
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm quite surprised by Gillian actually, she always came across on tv as a tough cookie....I expect the unhealthy people from her shows are voting for her like mad !! I think Nigel started off appearing sensible and normal,but now he is coming across as thinking he is too superior......another one who obviously hasn't watched the programme before !! He will chum up with Britt " cyanosed lips " ,I think. I quite like Kayla, and Stacey too.
My children luckily haven't even asked to watch it .......so it's a quick bedtime and then a glass of wine in peace with the tv for me !!!!! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now