Will it be worth it in the end?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
suncrest

Re: Will it be worth it in the end?

Post by suncrest »

The saying goes - you don't look at the mantelpiece when you are poking the fire. However the other part is .... it depends what way the fire is looking!

Its smutty readers :oops: And Snowdrops I thought you were a pure girl :)
Milla

Post by Milla »

nah, she's rough as all get out. Off dusting off her red light bulb as we type.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

The poor girls!

Can you imagine what teasing (bullying) they are going to get now at school. There's so many comments in the article which people can pick up on - no car in petrol, charity shop clothes, in debt etc. I feel so sorry for them. Although we all went best for our children, exposing our dirty washing in public is not the best way to go about it. If she felt the need to write the article (so she can afford to send them there!), she could have used false identities and general school pictures to protect her children.

(PS. I'm not having a go at charity shops, its just something kids could pick up on and tease, especially in a private school where I guess the average parental income means that few children wear charity shop clothes.)
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

If you Google her you can see in Aug 2010 she was writing about her aupair. So, not too poor to have help around the house! I think she can afford the private school fees but made up the whole thing in order to get published.
mad?

Post by mad? »

bromley mum wrote:If you Google her you can see in Aug 2010 she was writing about her aupair. So, not too poor to have help around the house! I think she can afford the private school fees but made up the whole thing in order to get published.
completely agree, especially when you read her other,ahem, articles, bleat bleat bleat
mad?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

suncrest wrote: Its smutty readers :oops: And Snowdrops I thought you were a pure girl :)
Or should that be Readers, it's smutty? ................... and I am pure, honest :lol: :lol:
pheasantchick wrote:The poor girls!

- no car in petrol,
Hmmmm, unique too, I think! :lol: :lol: :lol:
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

I thought that this article was going to be a piece of journalism, instead it is a nothing piece. In fact,the way it was written,the information it contained and the lack of anything substantial bored me. This is the sort of article that you would expect to find in a weekly magazine as a filler on a really slow week. Why this person would think that anyone would be interested in her own petty,unintelligent, witterings is beyond me, and who actually gave the go ahead for it to be printed? Surely they should have killed it before it got anywhere near printing.No wonder she earns a pittance as a writer,perhaps she could have some retraining in order to earn more(or maybe a change of career would be more suitable).I feel very sorry for her family.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.