Is your DC's school setting work if the school is shut?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ourmaminhavana

Is your DC's school setting work if the school is shut?

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I'm quite impressed that my DS's school has started to do so as it's been shut all week and will probably be shut for the rest of the week too. It's not onerous, but gives a little bit of focus which I think is fine. We've still had time to leap around to Eye Toy and play games. They have a section of the website 'Snowbored' and are coming up with some IMO inventive things. DS is currently in the front garden (with DD, 4) building a snowman of the Archbishop of Canterbury being murdered by the peasants! Must go as he needs tomato ketchup :lol:
hermanmunster

Re: Is your DC's school setting work if the school is shut?

Post by hermanmunster »

sounds splendid!!! murder most foul....

Agreed useful to have work if more than one day closure ... they do get a bit bored after sledging, posting on facebook, posting on facebook, posting on facebook....
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

DD's had a half day today so they haven't bothered.

OH is currently on a very slow train back from London, we just hope he makes it!
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

Yes, DS had five pieces of work to complete today. Work was posted on the website pretty promptly this morning so they are well prepared. DS is less happy about it.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

kentsussexborder wrote:Yes, DS had five pieces of work to complete today. Work was posted on the website pretty promptly this morning so they are well prepared. DS is less happy about it.
my dd would not be soo happy with this as it would interupt her sledging! :)
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Wow ksb, they're certainly on their toes. Has your DC been off all week?
moved

Post by moved »

We discussed this idea in the staff room today and I like it much more than the treacherous hour and three-quarter drive to work. Not convinced that much would happen at home though.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

tiredmum wrote:
kentsussexborder wrote:Yes, DS had five pieces of work to complete today. Work was posted on the website pretty promptly this morning so they are well prepared. DS is less happy about it.
my dd would not be soo happy with this as it would interupt her sledging! :)
dd not happy just found she has snow work on the school portal!
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

DS's school has posted up work & I see that they have just put some up for tomorrow as well but it looks like every other class has some work except for his. I hope he doesnt go in next week & find that he missed spotting his but I have double checked for him.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

My childrens school haven't set work.....but never fear because I have ! :lol: They were not best pleased, but it did fill a small gap in the long, long day which I seemed to spend most of the time peeling off wellies and drying coats etc and then looking for the dog who kept escaping over the fence and making his way down to the park.

Actually, we did spend a bit of time painting and setting up dolls houses, all the sort of things you don't always get time to do.

Snowdrops, my hubby is still stuck in London too......he has been since yest.He spent last night sleeping under his desk, because the bright ceiling lights are motion sensored and kept turning on every 5 minutes ! :lol: