How do I go about painting a pine dresser?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bromley mum

How do I go about painting a pine dresser?

Post by bromley mum »

I'm changing my kitchen cabinets so my dresser will not match my new cabinets. Can I paint the pine dresser to match my cabinets? I love my dresser and don't want to get rid of it (besides where will I put everything which i stored in it?!!). If any one knows how to go aboyt this I would love an idiot's guide to it. Thanks.
Looking for help

Re: How do I go about painting a pine dresser?

Post by Looking for help »

What kind of finish do your kitchen cabinets have? You'll probably need to strip down the dresser to the wood and then finish it in a similar way to the cabinets. Its a case of sanding it down then treating it, sanding it down again etc. We are currently doing this to a table and four chairs....lots of sanding and painting, although we are going for a distressed look, which means we need to wax everything and paint over it, sand it down and repeat.
Plum

Post by Plum »

You may be better off going for contrast than trying to match it. Sometimes, things that don't quite match look worse than those that are deliberately mismatched (if you know what I mean :wink: ).
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

You may be right Plum. In which case maybe I should leave it as it is (DH prefers this option anyway!!).
Plum

Post by Plum »

bromley mum wrote:You may be right Plum. In which case maybe I should leave it as it is (DH prefers this option anyway!!).
I bet he does :D