pets for allergy sufferer with fear of dead bodies

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Re: pets for allergy sufferer with fear of dead bodies

Post by mystery »

It's an interesting question about the hamster - my Mum was pretty sure I was allergic to them when I was a young child ---- sore eyes ----- but looking back I'm not sure. I don't remember getting the kind of itchy eyes or cough that I got when my hayfever started when I was 9 or so, or that horses give me, or that stuffed tigers, lions etc in museums give me!!

Maybe I should borrow someone's hamster and test out whether I really am or not.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

marigold wrote:Unfortunately one died because I had put it out for a run in the garden, forgot to bring it in and we had a severe frost. We still have the shells which are very decorative
:lol: Sorry this made me laugh but it's probably meant to be sad. :( I must be very heartless.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Chelmsford mum wrote:
marigold wrote:Unfortunately one died because I had put it out for a run in the garden, forgot to bring it in and we had a severe frost. We still have the shells which are very decorative
:lol: Sorry this made me laugh but it's probably meant to be sad. :( I must be very heartless.
Probably the idea of a snail going for a run... poor thing though... :(

The same thing nearly happened to one of our chickens. She managed to get herself left outside the coop when we shut it up for the night, and spent a bitterly cold Christmas night sheltering under a hedge. Fortunately she is young and healthy, even if a bit dim. We were surprised to see her strutting around the garden in the snow on Christmas morning!
Marylou
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

mystery wrote: Maybe I should borrow someone's hamster and test out whether I really am or not.
Good idea. Try before you buy! :)
Marylou
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

stick insects...

I am still traumatised by the time my sister's escaped and we found them up the net curtains 2 weeks later. I had flu and my mum thought I was hallucinating!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

marigold wrote:We had two large African snails which we hatched from some eggs given to us by my husband's secretary. They grew to the size of a satsuma and were mildly entertaining. We kept them in a fish tank and fed them lettuce.

Unfortunately one died because I had put it out for a run in the garden, forgot to bring it in and we had a severe frost. The other seemed to pine away after that. We still have the shells which are very decorative
My middle son is desperate for an African snail....which I have drawn the line at...so he found 2 common garden snails,made a house for them and placed them in his bedroom next to the hamster cage....I only found out when I ventured in one day to find only ONE.......to this day we don't know where it ended up.....maybe the hamster ate it....... :shock:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Or maybe it went well with the fish stock.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

In Mike's paella............
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

Poodles don't moult, and apparently Labradoodles don't either. So a pooch is still an option, and so much cuddlier than the creepy crawly type pet :D
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

My nephew severely asthmatic, but no problems at all with a Bichon Frise puppy.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now