Tax returns

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bromley mum

Tax returns

Post by bromley mum »

I know we had posts here last time round (and very helpful they were too!) so I thought I'll get it started for this year. My self assessment form arrived today. Since I haven't received my P60 yet so I feel justified in filing it away. The only thing I'm afraid of is that now that I've put the form away I'll forget all about it. Hence this thread. Hopefully you all will remind me sooner or later. :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Yes we'll keep nagging ... maybe I will actually get mine done this calndar year and not wait until january..
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I received mine today too. I tend to do it before the summer and just get it over and done with and I get a bit of help from my accountant. Do you do it all yourself? For some reason when I was growing up I dreamt of being an accountant but now I hate doing my books so much and worse of all the tax returns... You can submit it online too if thats any easier but I find it really cumbersome, you get a govt id and loads other usernames and passwords. Not really user friendly IMHO.

If I remember correctly they do send out another reminder a little later on incase you have forgetten :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I let an accountant file the return .... but still I have to send her the paperwork....! Used to do it myself on line but has got so much more complicated lately :roll:

When I get my 2 P60s, I might even start sending bits and pieces to her..
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Please keep reminding me. It would be so good to do this before getting anxious. But need the time to do it.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

My tax return is relatively straight forward (atleast as straight forward as tax returns can be!) so I do do it all myself. I like paper returns too and will try and submit before the October deadline. So, it looks as if sherry_d will be done before any of us.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I too had a letter from IR today - but joy of joy it was to tell me that they no longer require me to complete a return - don't know what I have done to deserve this - does make me worry that my income is on a downward spiral but I am not going to argue with them. 31st January won't be same next year :wink:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

If I have a deadline (eg. car tax renewal), I always write a note in my dairy about a week or so before the due date to remind me.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Oooh pheasantchick that's no fun it's far too organised :wink:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
bromley mum

Re: Tax returns

Post by bromley mum »

I have filled in my tax return, sealed it in the envelope, stamped the envelope and placed it on the hall table to be posted tomorrow. Am I good or what?! Do I get the first prize?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now