What's this new reading scheme ?!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Re: What's this new reading scheme ?!

Post by mystery »

Oh I see, that's why they said your daughter was "compliant" !! Yes, it could be very good news for her. But also, I wouldn't have thought that level 9 was average at age 6 and something. It's supposedly a reading age of 7.5 to 8 years. So if the Better Reading scheme does its stuff for your daughter, she should be well into the level 3s for reading when she comes off it, if it covers the kind of things you need to do to get a level 3 in reading. This might be worth asking the lovely trained lady about ......... don't follow my advice though and ask too many questions ... you might go into punishment.

If it is the same thing that the Better Reading website talks about, they do train volunteers. You might be able to do it too, then you can teach your daughter on your health days at home, and at school on sick days!!
scarlett

Re: What's this new reading scheme ?!

Post by scarlett »

I ask lots of questions already , Mystery but usually have to provide my own answers .

I think my daughter will benefit.I have just stopped reading etc at the school due to increasing my work hours and although I'm not a teacher you do tend to see the same sort of reading problems and get an idea how your children compare and I have always felt that my goal was to ensure they were free readers by the time they go into year 3 which my boys both were. I did feel she was similar in reading to them, which was why I posted this thread as I felt there was another reason behind this scheme for my daughter as I felt she seemed quite good at reading and didn't have any problems.Still we shall see !!

Always something to worry about ! Well, that's that crisis over....for this week anyway !!