Now, what is everyone up to for Half term ? Ideas needed !!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Booklady

Re: Now, what is everyone up to for Half term ? Ideas needed

Post by Booklady »

Perfect! Thanks!
mad?

Post by mad? »

I am working mornings all week. DD1 is doing sport every morning until 2, both DDs doing a different sport mon and thurs night...all I have managed to get agreement to so far is 'bra fitting and yo sushi' on Monday. They don't want to do it but needs must. Think the cost of that will wipe me out for the rest of the week and my only other goal (for the 3rd school break in a row) is to try to find a cycle route to school that I think they might be able to remember AND stay alive on. Looking forward to the week after next already :D
mad?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

With a week of work, I thought I do woudl do lots of activities with the boys. What have I ended up doing? Housework! Where did all the washing come from? Its raining today so my planned walk has been cancelled. I'm feeling fat, fed up and frumpy!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Don't worry PC we had lots of things planned in our heads and not many have happened. Looks like to trip to Tower of London on Friday will be scuppered by the weather - don't fancy trogging around in the rain and catching pneumonia ready to go back to school next week. :? :lol:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Well, we've just been to London today, and it never stopped raining at all. Grrrr.....the weather is just rotten, and it really is no fun at all. :x Fed up here too :(
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

We've been out geocaching, which gets the children outside in the fresh air. It also has the bonus of being free !! I like going out for a walk in a nice place and the children enjoy hunting for the hidden cache and swapping little trinkets.

http://www.geocaching.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Muggle...just looked at the website and am really excited !! what a brilliant idea ! How hard are the cache to find ? We don't have a gps but dh says we can use his phone. Just put in our postcode and considering we live in a minute village on the North Downs there are about 10 in our village...may have walked past one and not known !! Thats what we will be up to for the rest of the hols ! thanks for sharing it ... :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Pheasantchick...just read your post ! I'm sure you're none of those things and tomorrow is another (better !) day....The weather has been rather vile. I have gathered an extra 2 children for the half term :shock: as a friend is having health problems so no sneaking a peak at this forum..by the time I have had a medicinal glass of wine in the evening I am fast asleep...roll on next week !Today we went to see Narnia at kids club cinema then ( my favourite ) costa coffee and the local museum where I received a lot of sympathetic glances when dd announced I was like old mother hubbard and really shouldn't have had so many children !Tommorrow...going to give geocache a go....and visit some free gardens to look at the plants while my circus run around...and Friday off to Canterbury to visit 3 museums for a princely sum of 15 pounds for all of us !!Saturday swimming..Sunday going to work ! :D Monday...awaiting results ! Must try and wash their pe kit in the meantime !
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I've just weighed myself and put on a a lb this holiday. Grrr!

PE kits washed, but not ironed (I now they don't stay crease-free long at school).

Just wondering whether most schools are back on Monday. If so, may venture into London as ours don't go back into Tuesday. I'm thinking the museums may be quieter then.

Now to look at the geocache website.
WorriedRuby

Post by WorriedRuby »

muggle, Thanks for the link

something family can do on the weekend, I am working all week. :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now