Am I turning into a teachers nightmare ?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Am I turning into a teachers nightmare ?

Post by mystery »

Yes, you must be vigilant and prepared from now on for the next move. Wait for the summons to meet the head, where you think the answer to your question in the home-school communication book will be answered, but instead you are torn to shreds for half an hour with another senior member of staff present who takes notes. I purchased a voice activated tape recorder to keep in my pocket in case the same thing ever happens again. You could perhaps polish your husband's rifle in preparation.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

The communication book is never read so I tend to vent my frustration and write all kinds of things knowing it won't be seen...but of course the day will come when it will be read and all the previous pages...maybe by the ofsted lady ! I am waiting for summons as I have just filled in a communication questionaire and due to a couple of glasses of wine ...well lets just say the the thoughts flowed and although it was supposed to be annoymous, I did actually sign it.I think I feel I can hide behind dh ( his rifle, big boots..land mine he keeps in the garden and well, I could go on...)

On a positive note ( don't want people to think I am always moaning,I am quite nice ) dd has developed lovely flowery hand writing and when I compare my many sats books used over the years ( sorry, Katel ) she does seem at the same level as the boys if not better ! :)
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes that's what I thought too. A whole year of being able to write whatever I liked lulled me into a sense of false security. And then the day of reckoning comes when it is all sitting there on the headteacher's lap --------- or the communication book "gets lost" at school ...... that has happened to me too.

I'm sure your daughter is as good as your son at completing the forbidden papers. It is of course all thanks to the invisible reading recovery scheme - as well as the secret spelling tests. You are not giving the class teacher sufficient credit.

I have bought one of those nice little boxes you suggested for "health day" work. I just haven't been brave enough to hold a health day yet.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I have a few chills now mystery, because dds previous communication book did go missing and just after I had covered it with Tinkerbell wrapping paper...I was most displeased but maybe there is a more sinister reason ! Perhaps they have also installed secret cameras, and I will be presented with some unflattering pictures of me looking gormlous taking reading books from the wrong level box and passing them down the human chain to dd book bag that her friends helpfully assist me with in the mornings.......or the time I had a sneaky look in the reading folder to see if there were any enlightening comments next to her name...... :oops:

Now I know the reason behind the unforgiving coat.....is it safer to wear big sunglasses too ( and a false moustache )
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

pssst, don't forget the big, floppy hat!
mystery

Post by mystery »

I really don't think the Tinkerbell paper could have been the reason. A pupil of mine once covered his exercise book in page 3 of the Sun. Tinkerbell would have been a much safer bet.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Must have been related to a boy in ds1 class who has cut out certain pieces from page 3 and is creating a masterpiece collage............ :shock:

Sent dh to school this morning........He's been rather a long time :oops:
mystery

Post by mystery »

He's probably just topping up the wine supply in the staff and governors' fridge. Don' t worry.