EON have just made me very, very cross indeed.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Re: EON have just made me very, very cross indeed.

Post by Sally-Anne »

pixiequeen wrote:I had exactly the same experience with Eon quite recently...but it sorted itself out. I checked my account online as I'm quite paranoid about how much gas/elec. we use and have been trying to economise. Our latest bill said we were in credit, but then there was a little note saying because of this they were putting our DD's up from £130 to £170/month! Next day got a letter confirming the £170, so,

Got on the phone to Eon asap and explained to reasonably intelligent/understanding woman. By the end of the conversation she told me they weren't really putting my direct debits up, they would in fact go down to £122/month, it was just their computer doing its calculations without taking into account our most recent payment! She made all this sound perfectly normal and acceptable... :evil:
Exactly what happened to me with the last provider (Scottish Power, to add to the "name and shame" list).
Also discovered recently that you can go online on to your account and ask it to recalculate your direct debits based on your latest bill. :D
Just tried it, but I can't log in because the site is "down for maintenance" over the weekend. I will try again in a couple of days, just for fun.

(Fun? :roll: NO! Just to give me more ammunition!)
Ed's mum

Re: EON have just made me very, very cross indeed.

Post by Ed's mum »

Good luck leaving E on! It took us about 9 months to switch to.British Gas as everytime the switch date occurred they switched us back again. Extremely frustrating...