Do you let your children read the newspapers ?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
marigold

Re: Do you let your children read the newspapers ?

Post by marigold »

" Some quality papers are particularly lurid "

Page three of The Telegraph used to be more than " particularly lurid ".
It was always full of vicars being defrocked for unmentionable things and scandalous divorce details.
My mother used to buy it as a treat when on holiday and we shared hours of endless fun reading out the worst bits. Not sure if it is the same now but I may pop to the newsagents tomorrow to check!
rachag

Post by rachag »

It is still the same. I was particularly thinking of telegraph p 3 in this respect but not sure if such detailing permissible.
I think my post lacked oomph due to my paraphrasing but I hope gist still there :?
Uberyummymummy

Post by Uberyummymummy »

I think it's fine for DC to read the newspapers, but in my house they have to read what the guinea pigs read - i.e. The Times - and I can't say they're drawn to it, mores the pity.

When we go to the dentist, or such-like, they read those dreadful gossipy celeb 'magazines' whilst I look on with a cat's-bum face and hoisted bosoms, just in case anyone's under any illusions that I approve.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

:lol: :lol:

I found dd reading a trashy mag I brought home from work one day and thought I had removed it just in time.....evidently not , as she apparently asked my MIL the next day what swinging was :shock: :oops:
marigold

Post by marigold »

I too am a great hoister of disproving bosoms, a la Les Dawson, never gets me anywhere though.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Never gets me anywhere either as they're about as hoistable as a pair of marbles.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

There we were thinking you were a voluptuous goddess....where's your mystique ?!!!
mystery

Post by mystery »

I don't know. Perhaps this is related to another puzzle I have never solved. My mother always used to say a woman should have some mysteries. I never knew what they were.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now