Grade 5 ballet RAD any tips please?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Grade 5 ballet RAD any tips please?

Post by doodles »

Will you lot stop making me laugh please! It hurts.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Doodles, I think you will need to buy an extra large velveteen pink leotard to fit the back support girdle under............that should do the trick. :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

Ouch, I told you all to stop making me laugh :lol:
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

"buns of steel" :lol: I'm trying to find an outfit for my brothers wedding and wishing I had more steel less flab I can tell you. DD1 is going to wear a size 8 1950s dress I once wore....those were the days.
Don't think I could inflict myself in a leotard on anyone..I think the only bar I'll be at will be serving gin and tonics!

I think I'm going to go and see a couple of the well established ballet schools in Cheltenham and take it from there, DD could start after taking her exams in June. PPM we non ballet mums are always in awe of the real pro ballet mums...especially the speed bun making. After 10 years I am probably semi pro because I can bun up and sew on the ribbons in the right place. It is quite fun and I like the dance wear shops especially in London - there's so much stuff!! I noticed the other night when DD2 did a choir thing at school she stands like a dancer and has nice posture so there you go the hundreds of lessons and thousands of pounds over the last 10 years has paid off :lol:

DS is maintaining the family tradition and missed a distinction in his first piano exam by 2 marks this week. The 2 girls in his class taking it too both got one so he was a bit upset but I got him some "well done" lego so he was fine.

Thanks PPM for telling us about your training I was really interested. It's nice to get the real life low down.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

mum23* wrote: I noticed the other night when DD2 did a choir thing at school she stands like a dancer and has nice posture so there you go the hundreds of lessons and thousands of pounds over the last 10 years has paid off
Yes, I've noticed that with my dd too.At parent assemblies she will stand there holding her skirt out with both hands like they do before they're about to perform a dance and she will also insist on wearing a wide hairband and bun to school, which I think makes her look really pretty but apparently her teacher asks her to remove it all as it will give her a headache :shock: :oops:

At least you all know what you are doing.During her last show I offered to act as chaperone, only because 2 of my friends were and I thought it would be fun, but I didn't realise it was down to us to take the girls onto the wings and line them all up in the right order ( and I was too busy talking when it was explained , so missed the instructions ) anyway, when they were called I had half of them in the toilets scrubbing off the lipstick they had all applied to their cheeks and then when we got up there late, we were on the wrong side and they all arrived on stage in a big jumble ! Madame Ballet Teacher was not impressed......... :oops:
doodles

Post by doodles »

ooops Scarlett. Told you ballet should be classed as an extreme sport. :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now