Street Parties

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Looking for help

Re: Street Parties

Post by Looking for help »

Les Mis...up with the barricades.....NO STREET PARTIES, its bad enough we have to have another bank holiday......why couldn't they get married in July to split them up a bit...if we need to have a bank holiday at all.

Ooops sorry doodles, didn't mean to rain on your parade :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

No problem, but it probably will :lol: :lol: :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Doodles...I'm thinking of the ballet Coppelia ..then you can wear red, white and blue ribbons in your hair and the outfit is a bit more forgiving too....

LFH..I agree, it's annoying all these days off I won't have a clue what day of the week it is ..some of us still have to work anyway and it's just an extra day to have DH hanging around when I might want to be on here ! :lol: :oops:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Well done Scarlett, and then I can have a tambourine too...... :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Skipton Town Council putting up BIG SCREEN at the canal basin and showing the royal wedding - presumably if it is raining everyone will stay at home!!!! in the evening they are showing GREASE on the screen..... that sounds like more fun. I am just making the most of the Bank Holiday and working some extra shifts.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

That's probably a good idea, Herman...we all want to work during the day on Friday when the hospital will be empty...it's the next day when all the sick people who should have come in the day before start arriving...that's when you want to be at home !

DD has announced that she is going to make union flags to hang all over the front of our house , she does this on St Georges Day, but luckily for shames sake usually sticks to just hanging then on our gate...I've a feeling it's going to be a bigger affair......... :oops:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

indeed - I am expecting the morning least to be quite quiet!!
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Yep, another Les Mis voice here too. :lol:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Yay...maybe we can sort out a republican party here....we have mike, CM, me, andyb and OMIH...who else can we count on ?

Sorry if I am presuming too much , I just love revolution :D

herman, were you for or against, I was confused :D
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I would like to watch it on TV, but we have a family wedding the following day so I'm not sure if I'll get the chance. The in-laws are having a street party but I'm not sure if we're allowed to go as they're quite strict on numbers (plus my two go to state schools :wink: ).