The Royal Wedding

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mad?

Re: The Royal Wedding

Post by mad? »

scary mum wrote:Baa humbug here too although secretly enjoyed seeing some of it. Great dress although not sure about the pointy breasts. And why did the queen have to dress as a bowl of custard? Can I get beheaded for that?!
Because she is?
mad?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

magwich2 wrote:Well I thought it was nice to see a couple getting married without their offspring in attendance for a change!
While that might be true, I wouldn't hold the royal family up as a fine example of moral guidance in terms of successful marriages :D

Thought the dress was quite nice, if a bit long, I had my heart in my mouth when she was going up and down the steps, though Pippa was outstandingly beautiful.

No Chelmsford Mum, I promise I didn't watch it :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Well, I loved the dress, I loved Mrs Middleston's dress and I loved Pippa's dress.

I thought Camilla looked awful, the dress she wore tried (in my opinion) to emulate that which she wore to her own wedding, with an added twist (the boxed pleats below the hips), but it was awful, just awful!

I also thought Prince Philip looked dreadful, but admittedly he is almost 90.

We thought Harry looked more nervous than Wills!

How wonderful to have 2 kisses this time too!

It was a lovely day for all of them. Lots of humour and smiles all round. Lovely touches in tribute to Di (flowers on grave and a seat in the abbey for her).

It almost made me wish I'd taken the trouble to go down there myself!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Looking for help wrote:No Chelmsford Mum, I promise I didn't watch it :D

Well I had to watch a bit :oops: - it seemed kind of churlish not to let my six year old daughter see the dress and she loved the bridesmaids, especially the tiny one. We watched her arrive and get out of the car.Very understated dress but then she would want to avoid the whole nouveau riche accusation. My liitle one liked it. The school has been pumping them up about it all week - had to dress as princesses/princes on Thursday etc It would have been mean not to let her.....

On a personal level I wish them well.Marriage is very important to me - I might even cope with it all if the civil list was greatly diminished but that's not a discussion for today.I hope their marriage is lasting and happy as I would any couple. :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

On a personal level I wish them well.Marriage is very important to me - I might even cope with it all if the civil list was greatly diminished but that's not a discussion for today.I hope their marriage is lasting and happy as I would any couple.
Hear, hear, my sentiments exactly.
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I watched the whole thing from beginning to end ....went off to a party..talked non stop about it....and now back home boring everyone with the highlights ! I enjoyed it all , thought Kate's dress was very " her " and she looked very beautiful and elegant.My only gripe is that I would have liked to see more of the other guests in the Abbey rather then the camera constantly panning onto Elton John......
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Do we need a whole new thread for Beatrice's hat?
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I hope the person who sat behind Beatrice was given one of those cardboard periscopes !
mad?

Post by mad? »

scarlett wrote:I watched the whole thing from beginning to end ....went off to a party..talked non stop about it....and now back home boring everyone with the highlights ! I enjoyed it all , thought Kate's dress was very " her " and she looked very beautiful and elegant.My only gripe is that I would have liked to see more of the other guests in the Abbey rather then the camera constantly panning onto Elton John......
well I definitely would have liked to see more of Becks...
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I wondered if it was some kind of radio transmitter :lol:
I tried to add a photo but don't know how :oops:
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now