"voluntary donation" for school trips?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rubyhettybetty

Re: "voluntary donation" for school trips?

Post by rubyhettybetty »

I was so cross that none of my three were taken on a reward trip that I have stopped paying the school fund. There didn't seem to be a criteria for who was selected and mine are certainly not yobs who can't be bothered.
sp

Post by sp »

These reward trips sound a great idea. It always hacks me off when the children who constantly try hard, achieve goals etc are ignored. The ones who misbehave, don't do homework etc are then praised if they happen to hand in a piece of work on time!!
Yes, times have changed and in the olden days the opposite happened and the offenders were disciplined. Now that teachers appear not to be allowed to discipline, then the "good" children should be rewarded for what we all consider normal standards.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

sp wrote:These reward trips sound a great idea. It always hacks me off when the children who constantly try hard, achieve goals etc are ignored. The ones who misbehave, don't do homework etc are then praised if they happen to hand in a piece of work on time!!
Yes, I agree SP.It really annoys me when my children spend ages over a school project , stressing out over getting it completed in time and then I find out that not only did half the class not even bother to do it , my childrens work wasn't even acknowledged nor do they usually know what mark they got.What sort of example is that...or is it so as not to upset the children who didn't do it ? :?

On the opposite scale ,I just love the rugby instructors at the club my boys go to as they wouldn't think twice at hauling out the disruptive boys and giving them a very severe talking to in front of everyone...and at the rewards ceremonies these boys are told to work harder and behave properly and then next year they might receive a trophy too....and the thing is it does work ! Maybe primaries in particular need more men ?
mystery

Post by mystery »

:lol: The teachers (female) at my junior school did a pretty fair job at being as scary as those rugby instructors. I'm thinking I need to take a leaf out of their book at home. I'm going to watch the local club training next week and see if I can get a bit more respect out of children next week after following their example!! Oh no, the season has just ended.

Voluntary donation for school trips - back to the thread - I think as long as the school sticks to moderate priced and infrequent trips and only parents who can afford it pay, then fine. But some schools do take a bit of a liberty - I don't know why, as I can't imagine any of these trips can be much fun for the teachers so why not stick to something relatively cheap and local. You can get your leg stuck down a cattle grid within 10 miles of most schools after all, and free of charge.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

You can get your leg stuck down a cattle grid within 10 miles of most schools after all, and free of charge.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: