Stupid cat=a mouse in the house

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Re: Stupid cat=a mouse in the house

Post by scary mum »

I'm fairly sure it's not dead - I have smelt dead animals before and there are no bluebottles. Unless it has a dead friend in here ith it, it was out and about last night as it left paw prints in some powder I put down to check. Just didn't get caught. Tonight maybe... As Mike says, I may have to try a variety of checks. One thing is for sure, my family are eager for me to stop complaining about the pong!!

The stupid animal now thinks he has lost a mouse in a tiny cupboard where we have our electricity meter - there isn't one, I've checked (it's a tiny cupboard). I think maybe he's just thick! And loveable with it :)
scary mum
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

scarlett wrote:An increase in meaty bluebottles might be a sign, ScaryMum ? :shock:

Before we re-intalled our open fire, we used to have birds nesting in the chimney. One year one of the chicks died (fell out of the nest before it could fly) and we only knew about it when our living room was filled with flies (seemed like millions of them :shock: ). I sprayed the room with fly spray (a whole can) and didn't use the room for a day.

On the good side, if you leave the dead mouse long enough, it will turn skeletal and then it won't smell at all :shock: :lol: :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Hope you had a top of the range vacuum cleaner , Snowdrops .
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

There was a certain pleasure sucking each one up with the hose pipe :lol: :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

DS2 has saved up to buy his hamster a super deluxe cage and has just told me he intends to put the old one on our allotment for the mice ( who eat my seedlings :evil: ) to live in . Apparently if you leave one of the tunnels off they should just crawl in and make themselves at home. :shock: If it works I shall let you know, UnScaryMum.

Snowdrops.....hope you didn't munch away on raisins ( or dates ) whilst watching tv........
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

they should just crawl in and make themselves at home
Thanks Scarlett (or should I say ScaryScarlett? :D ). I'm hoping much the same with my "no see, no touch" mouse trap. Very inviting it looks too...
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

What is that exactly ? A black box ..how do you know you've caught the mouse then ? Or am I being a bit dim ?

Maybe it's a magic mouse and requires a little bed with a knitted bedspread and a cotton reel table................

( We'll settle for UnScaryScarlett...I think ! )
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

scary mum wrote:I'm hoping much the same with my "no see, no touch" mouse trap. Very inviting it looks too...
scarlett wrote:What is that exactly ? A black box ..how do you know you've caught the mouse then ? Or am I being a bit dim ?
You've heard of Schrodinger's Cat - well this is obviously a trap for Schrodinger's Mouse. :)
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I must be extremely dim.....shall google it and be back in a flash....................
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Errr, yes PPMum.. I think you are too clever for your own good !...... I have read 2 lines on Wiki and examined a diagram...and am none the wiser.Perhaps it's because I'm more of a dog person. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now