Olympic tickets

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sp

Re: Olympic tickets

Post by sp »

You won't be able to sell them back until next year but you are allowed to sell to friends and family straight away.
mad?

Post by mad? »

sp wrote:You won't be able to sell them back until next year but you are allowed to sell to friends and family straight away.
Thanks, I am sure I will be able to do the firends and family bit...just waiting to see if the need arises!
mad?
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

Booklady wrote:The German site doesn't seem to have all events listed though - no gymnastics listed for example!
Booklady, I looked at the German site at the weekend and there was only one men's gymnastics session listed. Presumably that's now sold out as it's disappeared.

I've gone from 1) not being too interested in getting tickets to
2) finding it quite exciting filling in the application form on the final day to
3) looking forward to hearing what we've been allocated to
4) getting irritated with the way the whole system is dragging on. Still another month before we discover exactly what we've paid for, should we have received any tickets.

As for the bizarre set-up which allows one company to sell tickets only to residents of Denmark, Liechtenstein, Fiji and Samoa (and a couple of other equally random nations) - why?
Looking for help wrote: A PTA could have done better :wink:
Absolutely!
mad?

Post by mad? »

cinnamon wrote:
Looking for help wrote: A PTA could have done better :wink:
Absolutely!
In many walks of life! Ermmm I notice a distinct gender disparity with the people who ever try to explain all of this.
mad?
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I read somewhere that men's 100m had over 1 millions bidders and it was the one we so desperately wanted to watch. Will see if we get anything at all, my gut tells me most of the events we chose were probably heavily oversubscribed. We should have chosen some less popular events but its too late now.
Impossible is Nothing.
succeed

Post by succeed »

Same here Sherry d :( There is hope though. Apparently, Boris is planning to bus loads of school children in from local schools to fill up the stadiums for the less popular events. Perhaps we could cadge a lift? :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Still not heard anything and we did apply for tickets for at least one of the less popular events - the judo qualifiers. Ho hum.... just have to wait and wait and wait :!:
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

I received another email this evening saying that the process has started ( :roll: ) and the "vast majority of payments" will be taken by 31st May.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Received and email this evening saying this:

---------------------------------
"Thank you for applying for London 2012 Olympic tickets. As you will be aware, we have started to allocate tickets and are now taking payment from Visa credit and debit cards, as well as banking cheques and postal orders.

The vast majority of payments will be taken by next week (31 May), with the entire process completed by 10 June.

We will contact you before 24 June to let you know if you have been successful and, if so, which tickets you have been allocated."
-----------------------------------

Looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer - doesn't fill me with great confidence I have to say.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Me too :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now