The end of an era...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sherry_d

The end of an era...

Post by sherry_d »

Curtains are coming down on our little ones. It feels like only yesterday when they started reception. I am beginning to feel a little sad about it all (never thought I would), her school has been part of lives for the last 7 years.

I really have mixed feelings, happy that in a day I never EVER have to step foot in that school again but sad that all the familiarity and what had become part of my life wont be anymore. DD on the other hand seem to be taking it in her stride and really looking forward to her new school (until she wakes up from daydreaming it will be a long sleepover).
Impossible is Nothing.
pheasantchick

Re: The end of an era...

Post by pheasantchick »

It is a little sad. I was watching the school play thinking that in a few days, this group of children will no longer be together, and the majority have known each other since reception.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Our school finished last week Tuesday.

the year 6 prize giving and assembly was really emotional. every year 6 child was recognised for playing a part in the school and they all got prizes which was quite nice.

We then had an end of year church service where all the year groups sangs. most of the parents were sniffling through out, the head teacher paid a lovely tribute to the kids and all they have achieved over the years.

We were all in tears and so were the kids, even the little ones as year 6 kids had responsibility for helping out in the various year groups. It was truly emotional.

But now; having bought some of the year 7 uniform and things needed; I am not emotional anymore; i am :shock: at how expensive they are but DD cant wait till September
dani*

Post by dani* »

Already bought some year 7 uniform. I had that in the dairy for the first week of August thinking that was early enough. Perhaps I should get my skates on!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

My son is putting us all through an emotional countdown this week, and considering that he cried when the children left last year I think he might be quite upset tomorrow. :( I, on the other hand have so much to do these last few days ( why I'm on here I don't know ) that I shall feel like cheering when we finally arrive home on friday.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Remember last summer so well when DS1 left yr6, but I do remember that once school had finished everything was a lot calmer and the emotion subsided and was replaced by excitement.

Good luck to all your DC's in their new schools I am sure that they will flourish.

Now going to have a sniff at the fact my baby has finished Yr7 - where did that year go?
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

dani* wrote:Already bought some year 7 uniform. I had that in the dairy for the first week of August thinking that was early enough. Perhaps I should get my skates on!
quite a few people i know already bought or ordered uniforms as some things are out of stock. I could only get one skirt for my dd and am on an email list for when they become available.

I suggest you at least buy the essential things now.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

I have felt the same thing, and it's dd1s last day today. Although the prospect of starting secondary school is exciting but at the same time it's the end of being in primary. I was looking at some reception kids and it was hard to imagine them being that small. :lol:
;D
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

It's all just hit me.
DS's last day at Primary today. Just bought the local paper to see all the leaver's class photo's under big title 'Friend's Forever' only to find that his smiling face is missing. As he had 100% attendance this year, they must have taken the photo on his induction day at CRGS (only one from his school going there next year) and I promptly burst into tears.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Oh, that's a real shame :( . My son's last ever guitar lesson was suddenly changed without us knowing to the day he went to his induction..and he was really upset he didn't get a chance to say goodbye with his lovely teacher..and the other day I found a half made card in his bedroom he was going to give him. :cry:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now