Birthday money for a 12 year old?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

Re: Birthday money for a 12 year old?

Post by pheasantchick »

£25-£30 + small pressies sounds fine to me.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks everyone. Have just finished making a coconut birthday cake with DD, five! Now we just have to magically transform this insipid oblong into Homer Simpson!!
LFH that was very helpful! I've been trying to remember what we bought him last year. :lol: I think it may have been a mobile telephone which doubled up as a something he needed for the bus journey when starting secondary school too. Maybe that's why he wants money this time. :oops:
Lotus flower thanks, but spending beyond our means was never an issue: I'm not that sort of person. :)
No, funnily enough he's not saving for anything in particular, but he is a very keen and sensible saver. I still like the idea of a combination of pressies and money as I know he'd be thoughtful in how he spent it.
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS1 wanted money for itunes (because he was getting an ipod from GP) and a rugby shirt. Couldn't quite bring myself to hand over cold cash so bought him an itunes gift card and a rugby store gift card - he was thrilled. Now he is saving for some other piece of technology so I will probably give him money next time.
jingle

Post by jingle »

I have just realised what GP actually means. At first I thought you meant your doctor was buying your son an ipod! :oops:
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Sorry, I 'm dense. GP? :|
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Grand parent?