Teacher training candidates numeracy and literacy

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
marigold

Re: Teacher training candidates numeracy and literacy

Post by marigold »

Dearest mad?

I am from the shires and have never said" ay "in my life. I would love to make a longer post but am so hot I have lost the will to live. Please God ( if there is one ) let it cool down in Essex.

Marigold

( As an invigilator I once noticed during an exam that I had written "finnish" instead of "finish" on the board at the front of the hall which showed the exam timings. I can only hope all the lovely students were so engrossed with their work that no one noticed. )
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Dear Marigold.....I expect they thought you were allowing all the Finnish people extra time. It's going to rain later so make sure you bring in the garden cushions.
mad?

Post by mad? »

marigold wrote:Dearest mad?

I am from the shires and have never said" ay "in my life. I would love to make a longer post but am so hot I have lost the will to live. Please God ( if there is one ) let it cool down in Essex.

Marigold

( As an invigilator I once noticed during an exam that I had written "finnish" instead of "finish" on the board at the front of the hall which showed the exam timings. I can only hope all the lovely students were so engrossed with their work that no one noticed. )
Dearest marigold, I am definitely so hot I cannot sleep :D
mad?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I would of thought once the rain came you could of definately slept, not that the rain is here yet :lol:
marigold

Post by marigold »

7.30 AM STILL no rain and am still definitely too hot. Not as hot as a night in the Dijon Campanile in August 2003 , but very nearly.

Off to invigilate the tail end of the GCSEs this morning, I hope all the poor children got some sleep last night.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Marylou wrote:
KS10 wrote:Where I work, one of my colleagues tried to correct my spelling. She began by apologising and said that she had to point out that my spelling of definitely was wrong. The problem was that she wanted me to change it to definately. We both tried to convince each other politely that we were right but, at the end of it all, she was convinced that she was right and I knew that I was right. I couldn't quite bring myself to pass her the dictionary.
I would have done! Possibly with a small wager on the side. :lol:

(A similar thing happened to me once when a friend told me off for not putting an "e" on the end of "tomato". Fortunately we were able to laugh about it. :? )
Wasn't Dan Quayle was it?? ... oh he was the "potatoe" man :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

hermanmunster wrote: Wasn't Dan Quayle was it?? ... oh he was the "potatoe" man :lol:
Not him, he was indeed "potatoe". :lol:
Marylou
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now