Best place to buy name label/tapes???

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: BEST PLACE TO BUY NAME LABEL/TAPES????

Post by doodles »

Cash's woven labels fan here, and as there is nobody else in the school with our surname (I rang and checked) I got them in large weave print and just had the surname - they are 12mm width in Style 17. They stand out very well and you can see the name in a shirt or blazer at a glance.

As for stick on labels - well I don't know really 'cos none of them are as good as they promise!!
sp

Re: Best place to buy name label/tapes???

Post by sp »

As an add-on to this topic, if you are ordering soon, try and include your telephone number. When DCs start at secondary it can be a god send especially after PE!!
Novice

Post by Novice »

Wow - thanks all for such a great response.... :)

Now I just have to choose which one to go for... :lol:

Mxx
Flowerpurple

Post by Flowerpurple »

I'd like to throw My Nametags into the mix. :D They do great value black and white iron-ons which you can order online. No sewing involved :lol: They stay on and stay on - really durable.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

inkypinkyponky wrote: my husband and I hyphenated our surnames when we married, so our 3 children have quite long names.
Oh yes, I can see.So you were Miss Inky and your husband was Mr Pinkyponky ?!

I had terrible problems with a few parents cutting out the labels and keeping my DC garments so now I also put a label high inside the cuff and I have gathered quite a few back in that way. Maybe just embroider a big intial on the back of their jumpers etc or do you think my son won't speak to me ever again !
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Maybe just embroider a big intial on the back of their jumpers etc or do you think my son won't speak to me ever again !
I bet he'd love it. I'm with you on hiding the labels a little - I have started to use the wrap around ones that attach to the washing label in the side seam of shirts. Also I'm beginning to wonder if it's more effective just to use a laundry marker and write the name in - quicker, cheaper and can't be cut out. Even when things are labelled we don't seem to get them back. At DD's previous school it stated that they had to have sew in labels. No-one ever checked, but what a daft rule!!
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Or maybe sew them into their clothes for the winter like in the old days ( did that really happen ?) a problem for pe days though, I suppose.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I used those wrap-around iron on labels to start with. I found them good, on the labels they actually fitted, but a lot of dd's labels were too wide for them to fit properly round, so I gave up and used a laundry pen! I just write her initial (including middle initial, just in case someone else has the same initials) onto the labels themselves. So much quicker, easier and cheaper!

I also, being the paranoid person I am, hid some labels/initials in places other than labels :lol:

DD's school also stated the labels should be the sew on kind, but no-one's ever checked :D Also, when you think about it, mostly it's only when they get changed for pe/games that clothes can become mixed up (dd's school not allowed to take off blazers without permission - including last week's red hot weather :shock: - although they were indulgent with the 1st years running round the playing fields at lunch time who had stripped off to bare chest (boys only thankfully :lol: )).
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

scarlett wrote:
inkypinkyponky wrote: my husband and I hyphenated our surnames when we married, so our 3 children have quite long names.
Oh yes, I can see.So you were Miss Inky and your husband was Mr Pinkyponky ?!

Nah, but nearly right. I was Miss Inkypinky and he was Mr Ponky! :lol: