Musical instrument for hire

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vasu

Re: Musical instrument for hire

Post by vasu »

Thanks for advice , everyone. Will hit the music stores and then internet. Can anyone recommend some models? I do not know anything about Trumpets :oops:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

Hi

If you don't know anything about trumpets may be worth having a look on the web to see if you have a local(ish) brass band...they may have instruments for hire or be able to offer advice on good local places to get an instrument suitable for a beginner. Good luck to your DC with his music.

Jeepers
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Just to say SNAP! My DS has signed up to play the trumpet next year (he liked the idea of making lots of noise with it). Luckily it's with a local charity that provides lessons and instrument hire for a very small token fee.

Good luck with your trumpet search, I'd be interested to hear what you find out, so that if DS takes to the trumpet we can buy his own in a year or two's time.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

I don't think you're anywhere near the Midlands, but if you were we could definitely recommend

http://www.connolly-mir.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a company run by real enthusiasts who repair woodwind and brass instruments. You can buy them online from their eBay shop but if you can go to their workshop it's an experience that's worth the journey!
vasu

Post by vasu »

Oh Well! After much deliberation with DH and perstering by ds we have decided to drop Trumpet and take up Drums. It was my ds first choice but I was not too keen. But strength in numbers...dh and ds got what they wanted :)
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now